Q. I have a pus draining pimple on the inner part of the hip. Please help.

Dr. Theadore A Hufford

A few months back, I have developed a sort of a pimple on the inner part of the hip, which later drained and got healed. But later it again opened up with draining pus. And for the last few weeks, it has not healed automatically. I have started taking Augmentin duo 625 from the last three days, but still no visible difference. I have checked my blood sugar also both fasting and PP, which fall in the limits. I feel this wound aggregates more on long driving and with sweat. Please suggest any medicine or dressing. Also, I have H.Suppurativa for 2 to 3 years.

Dr. Theadore A Hufford

General Medicine General Surgery Internal Medicine
#

• You have an abscess cavity that needs to be drained more widely and opened more. If it is not opened widely, then the skin will continue to close before the infection is gone, which will continue the cycle.
  • You can try sitz baths while it is openly draining now and try to not let the skin close. If that does not work, then you will need to have it opened up surgically with a scalpel to provide a more adequate drainage. And continue the antibiotic.

For more information consult a general surgeon online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-surgeon

|