Q. Is it necessary to get rabies vaccine after dog scratch?

Dr. Vijay Kumar Kumawat

I had a dog scratch. Stray dog accidently tripped over my legs and his foot bruised over mine. No cut, no blood. Do I need rabies vaccine?

#

I have read your query carefully, I just want to confirm that is there any blood from the scratches over your skin? Wash the scratches with soap and plenty of water. If possible provide a image of scratches to me so that I can conclude and if possible watch over the dog for 10 days.

There was no blood at all. Infact after washing, skin was exactly normal.

#

There is no need of anti-rabies vaccine. For your safety, take a TT injection only.

|