Q. According to NCRP guidelines, why is maximum radiation exposure high for hospital workers?

Dr. Vivek Chail

Why do the NCRP guidelines have the maximum exposure to x-rays radiation for hospital workers higher than the normal public? What does the hospital workers have, that makes them fine to get exposed to more radiations than the public?

#

• Hospital workers are exposed to small doses of likely leaked radiation. The maximum exposure is based on a cumulative radiation dose limit for hospital workers, and this is a part of professional hazard during work. However, continuous improvement in radiation usage is helping to reduce the amount of unintended exposure to hospital workers.
  • Hospital workers have no stronger immunity when compared to the general public. The regulations have been formulated keeping in mind the lowest hypothetically harmless dose an individual can be exposed to.

For more information consult a radiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/radiologist

|