Q. Is it normal to have high SGOT and SGPT levels, immediately after stopping Udiliv?

Dr. Rajesh Kumar Padhan
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 09, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I was diagnosed with high SGOT and SGPT levels and started medication (Udiliv) one year back. They levels dropped a month back, and the tests showed normal values. So, I stopped taking the medicines after the doctor's advice. Today when I did a blood test, SGOT and SGPT was 59 and 114. Is this natural to have high SGOT and SGPT values, immediately after stopping medicine? Will it take some three months or so to settle down to ideal values?

#

Welcome to icliniq.com.

• SGOT and SGPT values do not rise immediately after stopping Udiliv (Ursodeoxycholic acid) usually.
  • You need further evaluation like fibroscan, to find out rare causes of liver enzyme elevation.

Revert with more information to a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

Do these lipid profile values have any significance with the elevated SGOT and SGPT? My VLDL cholesterol is 34, LDL/HDL is 4.9, total cholesterol/HDL is 7.0, LDL is 152, and HDL is 31.

#

• Lipid profile derangement causes fatty liver and fatty liver causes abnormal liver function test.

For more information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

|