Sgot

Why do I have deranged levels of SGOT, SGPT, homocysteine, and vitamin D?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a recent complete blood checkup. In the report, the levels of SGOT, SGPT, homocysteine and vitamin D levels are abnormal. I have attached the report. The values of SGPT and SGOT are on the higher side, whereas the values of homocysteine, HDL and vitamin D are below normal. Please re...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your reports are almost normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is no need to worry. Coming to the rise in SGOT (serum glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase) and SGPT (serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase), the value is significant only when there is mor...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take liver medicines along with BP medicine?

Query: Hello doctor, I was detected with mild hepatomegaly with fatty changes. My SGOT is 52, SGPT 99, and GGT is 110. Doctor gave me Heptagon tablet twice daily, Nusam 200 twice daily, and Ursocol twice daily. Is it fine to take these medicines? Is it a heavy dose? Already, I am taking Tazloc 40, Nebi...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from mild hepatomegaly with fatty changes. I have gone through your investigation reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and found that your triglycerides level...  Read Full »

Can anxiety cause high D-dimer levels?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having some shortness of breath. I am really bad with panic attacks. Routine blood work shows D-dimmer still elevated after eight months. Last year, the results were in a normal range under 230 in the hospital. A few months later after I had a stillbirth, it was elevated t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. D-dimer test is used to exclude deep vein thrombosis like thrombotic disorder.  Your D-dimer value (fibrin degradation product) is slightly high.  If clinically and from other investigations, thrombosis is not present then other causes for high false positive D-dimer...  Read Full »

What could be the cause for elevated levels of bilirubin?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 50-year-old male, slim, and quite health conscious. Today I had a package blood test done. Other things are fine but in LFT total bilirubin is 1.47, direct bilirubin is .22, and indirect bilirubin is 1.25. SGPT and SGOT are normal. All other parameters are normal. I do not have a...  Read Full »

Dr. C Elanchezhian

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You do not have any complaints. 1. Total bilirubin 1.4 2. Direct bilirubin 0.22. 3. Indirect bilirubin 1.25. Only total bilirubin is slightly elevated. For some people, if no complaints, this mild increase common need not worry.  Read Full »

I am diabetic and my SGPT, SGOT, and cholesterol levels are high. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My SGPT and SGOT are increased. Diabetes is also not under control. Cholesterol levels have also increased.  Read Full »

Dr. C Elanchezhian

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your SGOT and SGPT, it is elevated because of liver tissue strain due to diabetes and hyperlipidemia. But other liver enzymes are under control. Avoid spicy and fatty food and if you are alcoholic or smoker, stop. Regarding diabetes, you are on right medicati...  Read Full »

My SGOT is 40 and SGPT is 55. Do I need to take fibroscan?

Query: Hello doctor, Today I checked my liver function test. My SGOT is 40 (5 to 35), SGPT 55 (5 to 40), but when I searched online, the normal range is SGOT (5 to 40), SGPT (7 to 56). What to do? And the doctor asked me to take fibroscan. Actually fibroscan is three stage in fatty liver. Should I take fib...  Read Full »

Dr. Magesh T

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just went through your symptoms and I also saw your laboratory investigation reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your liver function test enzymes are very normal and you do not have to worry about it. The second thing is your hepatitis B surface an...  Read Full »

What can be done to manage deranged SGOT, lead, and uric acid levels?

Query: Hello doctor, My SGOT level is 62.6. Lead level in my blood is 196.96, uric acid level is 7.5. Please suggest me better treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. I have gone through the reports you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your uric acid and lead level are slightly high. So I would suggest you drink plenty of fluids orally, take fewer proteins in the diet ...  Read Full »

What is the reason for having raised vitamin B12 and SGOT?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 33 years old male. I have a B12 level of 1800 pg/mL and SGOT of 80 U/L. My SGOT level is within range. I have never taken B12 supplements. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Lohit Chauhan

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not be scared. Repeat the tests soon. A raised B12 can happen due to laboratory error. Even after that, if you have SGOT (aspartate transaminase) above SGPT (alanine transaminase), you should do a USG (ultrasound) abdomen. A raised SGOT above SGPT of about 2:1 ratio ...  Read Full »

What raises the SGOT level?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has an SGOT of 81 units per liter of serum. She is suffering from high-grade fever and cold. So we are giving Tylenol. What is the problem?  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. SGOT (aspartate aminotransferase) is a liver enzyme, which increases due to multiple causes. One of the reason can be a viral infection. These mild rise in titer are very nonspecific and do not to worry. When the disease gets controlled, it becomes normal. Maintain good...  Read Full »

Kindly give a review regarding the elevated test results.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. I have found elevated test results in my recent blood report (liver function test). Could you give a review regarding this?  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  I had gone through the posted report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The report suggests that you have hepatitis. The common causes of hepatitis are viral, alcohol induced, malaria and dengue fever. Kindly provide the following details to arrive at a ...  Read Full »