Q. Having diabetes, Why has the doctor advised to take Accentrix ?

Dr. Asif Manzoor

I am having diabetes from the past 18 years. I have been advised to take Accentrix injection by my doctor. Kindly, suggest me in this regard. I have attached my OCT reports for your reference.

#

The optical coherence tomography report that you have attached is showing increased macular thickness in both eyes. This condition is known as diabetic macular edema.

• In diabetic retinopathy, abnormal, leaky vessels are formed on the retina from the fluid that is leaked. It finally causes an increased macular thickness (the area which sees the clearest) and hence the vision will decrease. To slow down or to stop the formation of new vessels, intravitreal injections (Anti-VEGF) are given. There are different ranges of Anti-VEGF injections available like Avastin (Bevacizumab), Lucentis or Accentrix (Ranibizumab) and Eylea (Aflibercept).
  • The Anti-VEGF injections are given as needed. The effects of these injections remain for about four weeks. Repeated monthly injections may be necessary in severe cases. Sometimes they are combined with laser treatment.
  • Keep your blood sugar controlled and have regular follow-up with your eye doctor as he will do the best.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|