Q. What can cause pain in pinky finger while moving?

Answered by Dr. Sumit Srivastava and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Raynaud's Phenomenon or Rheumatoid Arthritis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My pinky finger on my left hand (which is my writing hand) is hurting a lot. I have to keep moving it so it will not go numb and it is going red like in the photos from my pinky down to the knuckle on the side of my hand, it feels strained or dislocated every time. I run cold water on my hand doing dishes or washing my hands. Sometimes, it feels like it has a severe cold burning or numbness. But every time I am moving it, it still really hurts so much.