Rheumatoid Arthritis

After a day of walking around the mall, I am having calf pain. What should I do?

Query: Hi doctor, I just came back from a day walking around the mall. I am having cramping pain in my left calf. It feels like a rubber band is wrapped around my leg. It is better when sitting but hurts when outstretched. I am on Enbrel and previous medical history includes low blood pressure and low chol...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am glad to answer your query. I would have appreciated a reason for having ENBREL (Etanercept), whether RA or ankylosing spondylitis or psoriatic arthritis. The drug have some known neurological side effects along with increase susceptibility to infection. Your cond...  Read Full »

What causes bilateral metatarsalgia?

Query: Hello doctor, I have hypertension and bilateral metatarsalgia. I am seeking a second opinion on my medical reports. I have attached them for your reference.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post and investigations (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are a few things which will need to be addressed. Your ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) is 45 which is high and simultaneously you are complaining of arthralgias. ...  Read Full »

I have RA and suffering from swollen feet and unbearable pain. Should I got to an ER?

Query: Hello doctor, I have RA and have been on prednisone for 15 years or more. I was tapered off with the last dose taken five months before. I now can barely walk, my pain is unbearable, and my right leg and foot are swollen. I have tried every OVC pain medication possible, and nothing is working. What...  Read Full »

Dr. Durgesh Srivastava

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you need more DMARDs (disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs), preferably a combination of Leflunomide, and Methotrexate should be tried. And Prednisolone will be required until the Dmards combo works. It does not help in reducing the steroids dose in three to...  Read Full »

Kindly interpret my chest x-ray.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36 year old male. For mild chest pain, I have got my chest x-ray PA view done as suggested by my rheumatologist. My doctor said that x-ray report shows changes of chronic bronchitis in both lungs more in lower zones and old fibrotic scarring is seen in left apex. I am suffering fro...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. You are suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and the findings of your chest x-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity) can be due to the following reasons: Smoking. Allergy. Rheumatoid related interstitial lung disease (ILD)...  Read Full »

What Is The Reason For High Monocyte and Eosinophil?

Query: Hi doctor, My blood reports show high monocytes and eosinophils for over two years of span. I feel there is no energy, muscle spasms, splenomegaly, muscle pain, and malaise. I am seropositive RA. But, my CRP and ESR are normal most of the time.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Rheumatoid arthritis is one of the causes for high monocyte count and multisystemic involvement. Hence, treatment for that is nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and disease modifying drugs like Leflunomide, etc. The high eosinophil count causes include allergy, para...  Read Full »

My blood report is normal, then why do I feel extremely fatigued?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from low-grade fever, hair loss, and extreme tiredness. There is pain and burning sensation in my stomach along with loss of appetite and weight gain. I got my ANA test done and it came positive. My ESR level has increased. All my other test results found to be negative. Pl...  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient's identity) and observed that there is no autoimmune disease present. Since you have been suffering from multiple joint pains for the past one year, you should have tested for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) ...  Read Full »

I am not clear with the diagnosis of my mother's condition. Please clarify.

Query: Hi doctor, Five years ago my mother was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I think she also has rheumatoid arthritis. For the past five years, she was managing the pain with anti-inflammatory medicine, Lyrica, Mythycobal, Voltaren injections, herbal creams, etc. You can see the veins in her hands popping...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all your mother does not have rheumatoid arthritis or fibromyalgia. From her reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) I found that she has connective tissue disorder and the most possible diagnosis would be systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). The ...  Read Full »

There is sever pain in my pinky finger on moving. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My pinky finger on my left hand (which is my writing hand) is hurting a lot. I have to keep moving it so it will not go numb and it is going red like in the photos from my pinky down to the knuckle on the side of my hand, it feels strained or dislocated every time. I run cold water on...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The cause of redness with or without numbness in your pinky finger could be from Raynaud's phenomenon, nerve disease, vasculitis or rheumatoid arthritis. Since you are complaining it to be related to cold exposures, it is more likely to be Raynaud's phenomenon. This pro...  Read Full »

Do my symptoms suggest celiac disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I have always had weird symptoms and I think I have celiac disease. I also think that the combination of all my symptoms may mean something. I was tested once for thyroid problems and once for Lyme disease because I had a big, dangerous tick-bite rash. I am 19 years old and according t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for sharing your detailed history with us. There is a very strong possibility that you have malabsorption syndrome. There are various types of malabsorption syndromes and celiac disease is one of them. You have signs of multiple essential nutrient d...  Read Full »

Do my symptoms of soreness, stiffness and swelling of joints sound like rheumatoid arthritis?

Query: Dear doctor, I have recently had a baby. I experience sore, stiff hands in the morning, swelling, hard bumps on the elbow. There is a history of rheumatoid arthritis in my family. Blood work is negative. Should I go to a rheumatologist?  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it seems that you are suffering fromrheumatoid arthritis. This is more in females, having morning stiffness of the joint and improve during the day and presence of nodules over bony prominences. Yes, you need to go to a rheumatologist for proper eval...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.