Q. Due to scratch, white part of eye is with some blood. What to do?

Dr. Shikha

Due to scratch in my eyes the white part surrounded with blood. What to do?

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

How did you get this? Because of the bleeding, the depth of the wound could not be perceived. If it is not severe enough just with bleeding there is not much problem. Just the point of worry is that the wound should not be open or otherwise it may be problematic and may require suturing. So you should seek emergency advice as well so that somebody can examine it.

Until then use Moxitobra (Moxifloxacin) eye drop two hours one drop in the right eye only. Refresh tears 0.5% eye drops QID one drop in the right eye only. Avoid any kind of undue pressure.

| 

My baby’s finger hurt him by mistake, he is not having any pain or discomfort. Will it be fine to see a doctor tomorrow morning around 9 or 10 since nothing is available right now.

Dr. Shikha

#

But avoid applying any pressure on eyes or rubbing. Cold compresses can also be done.

| 

He has been washing his eye with filtered cold water. Condition is the same but redness has increased. I have attached the pictures for reference. He can sleep. Will that be fine to do or he should be awake?

Dr. Shikha

#

It will increase initially and then get stabilized and after that start subsiding. I just hope it is not an open wound. Sleeping is better it will avoid exposure as well as keep it opposed. I hope there is no decrease in vision in that eye. Take rest and go whenever possible earliest.

|