Q. What can be the reason for the redness and tiny white dot in my eyes?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

About a week ago, I started feeling like an eyelash was inside my eye, and I rubbed my eye all day until I reached home. I could see my eye was very red, and around the cornea, there was a tiny white dot, the discomfort did not stop. A week later now I have one more dot, and my eyes are still very red and the I feel that there is something is in it, what could this be?

Do you have a question on Redness In Eyes or Allergic Conjunctivitis?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

MASTER IN SURGERY OPHTHALMOLOGY
Ophthalmology (Eye Care)

It appears to be allergic conjunctivitis (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Start with,

1. Moxifloxacin plus Loteprednol eye drop four times a day for three days then taper it to two times a day for the next three days then decrease it to one time a day for the next three days then stop.

2. Olopatadine, 0.2 percent eye, drops two times a day continuously.

3. Refresh tears eye drop six times a day continuously.

4. Tobramycin eye drops four times a day for the next seven days.

Also Read Answers From: Redness In Eyes Allergic Conjunctivitis

My eyes becomes red and itchy whenever I visit my hometown. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, My eyes become red and itchy whenever I visit my hometown. They remain fine when I am in the city where I work. But as soon as I visit my hometown, they become red in a day or two. I have the problem for about two to three years. There are no pollens present here, and the climate is the...  Read Full >>
Dr. Skandha Harshita
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from seasonal allergic conjunctivitis. Although you do not have pollens or any visible allergens in your area, your eye is already sensitized previously. Allergic conjunctivitis can trigger spontaneously. Reduce the sensitivity of the eye to such aller...  Read Full >>

I have a recurring sharp headache from the past few months. Should I go to the doctor?
Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old male. I am fairly active. For three to four months now, I have been experiencing random sharp pains behind my right ear on the back of my head. This has also been followed by increased head pressure and regular throbbing headaches. Few weeks, these symptoms only ...  Read Full >>
Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know further details about your problem: Did you have these headaches any time before the last three or four months? In which other areas of your head, have you felt the pain? What kind of a headache is it? Does the pain feel like a heaviness, throbbing...  Read Full >>

Can vestibular problems and C5-C6 bulge cause headaches?
Query: Hi doctor, I have had persistent, recurrent headaches and shooting head pains due to a concussion from a traumatic brain injury, that I acquired five years back. The doctor has described my headaches as tension-type headaches, I have pain behind the eyes mainly, but it can be on the top of the head...  Read Full >>
Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know few more details about your problem. Since when you started to have this problem? Did it start immediately after the accident? Or it started after some gap? In which part of the head do you have headaches mostly? Is it only behind the eyes? What...  Read Full >>

Ask a Doctor Now