Q. What can be the reason for the redness and tiny white dot in my eyes?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

About a week ago, I started feeling like an eyelash was inside my eye, and I rubbed my eye all day until I reached home. I could see my eye was very red, and around the cornea, there was a tiny white dot, the discomfort did not stop. A week later now I have one more dot, and my eyes are still very red and the I feel that there is something is in it, what could this be?

#

It appears to be allergic conjunctivitis (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Start with,

1. Moxifloxacin plus Loteprednol eye drop four times a day for three days then taper it to two times a day for the next three days then decrease it to one time a day for the next three days then stop.

2. Olopatadine, 0.2 percent eye, drops two times a day continuously.

3. Refresh tears eye drop six times a day continuously.

4. Tobramycin eye drops four times a day for the next seven days.

|