Q. What can be the reason for the redness and tiny white dot in my eyes?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Jul 31, 2019

About a week ago, I started feeling like an eyelash was inside my eye, and I rubbed my eye all day until I reached home. I could see my eye was very red, and around the cornea, there was a tiny white dot, the discomfort did not stop. A week later now I have one more dot, and my eyes are still very red and the I feel that there is something is in it, what could this be?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

It appears to be allergic conjunctivitis (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Start with,

1. Moxifloxacin plus Loteprednol eye drop four times a day for three days then taper it to two times a day for the next three days then decrease it to one time a day for the next three days then stop.

2. Olopatadine, 0.2 percent eye, drops two times a day continuously.

3. Refresh tears eye drop six times a day continuously.

4. Tobramycin eye drops four times a day for the next seven days.

My eyes becomes red and itchy whenever I visit my hometown. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, My eyes become red and itchy whenever I visit my hometown. They remain fine when I am in the city where I work. But as soon as I visit my hometown, they become red in a day or two. I have the problem for about two to three years. There are no pollens present here, and the climate is the...  Read Full »

I have a recurring sharp headache from the past few months. Should I go to the doctor?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old male. I am fairly active. For three to four months now, I have been experiencing random sharp pains behind my right ear on the back of my head. This has also been followed by increased head pressure and regular throbbing headaches. Few weeks, these symptoms only ...  Read Full »

Can vestibular problems and C5-C6 bulge cause headaches?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had persistent, recurrent headaches and shooting head pains due to a concussion from a traumatic brain injury, that I acquired five years back. The doctor has described my headaches as tension-type headaches, I have pain behind the eyes mainly, but it can be on the top of the head...  Read Full »