Q. My right eye is red, swollen and blurry. Do I have pink eye?

Dr. Skandha Harshita

My right eye is stinging with blurry vision. It is red and a bit swollen. I am experiencing the above every day. Do I have pink eye?

#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears as conjunctivitis, and it is of two types. They are bacterial and viral. A slit lamp examination is required to differentiate them. As these symptoms are present for a few hours, then it can be bacterial conjunctivitis. I advise you take eye drops such as Gatflox (Gatifloxacin) one drop four times a day and eye drops HPMC (Hydroxyl propyl methyl cellulose) one drop four times a day.

|