Q. My right eye is red, swollen and blurry. Do I have pink eye?

Dr. Skandha Harshita
Published on Nov 07, 2018

My right eye is stinging with blurry vision. It is red and a bit swollen. I am experiencing the above every day. Do I have pink eye?

Dr. Skandha Harshita

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears as conjunctivitis, and it is of two types. They are bacterial and viral. A slit lamp examination is required to differentiate them. As these symptoms are present for a few hours, then it can be bacterial conjunctivitis. I advise you take eye drops such as Gatflox (Gatifloxacin) one drop four times a day and eye drops HPMC (Hydroxyl propyl methyl cellulose) one drop four times a day.

| 

How to stop the discharge released from my left eye?

Query: Hi doctor, I have an eye discharge from my left eye for a week. I thought I have the discharge because of my contact lens (first-time user). I used it for a few days. But I stopped using it now because of the eye discharge. I have eye discharge only from my left eye when I wake up in the morning. S...  Read Full »

Can vestibular problems and C5-C6 bulge cause headaches?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had persistent, recurrent headaches and shooting head pains due to a concussion from a traumatic brain injury, that I acquired five years back. The doctor has described my headaches as tension-type headaches, I have pain behind the eyes mainly, but it can be on the top of the head...  Read Full »