Relaxation Techniques

I feel lonely and depressed without friends. Kindly suggest.

Query: Hi doctor, I feel that I cannot make friends. My friends keep themselves away from me. They get bored of me and avoiding me. I feel lonely and depressed. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatrist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What others do is not in our control. We can only work on ourselves. In fact, a real friend is one who accepts you as you are; otherwise, it does not matter if they are not your friends. You just try to be assertive and practice relaxation techniques like yoga and pran...  Read Full »

How to manage antidepressant discontinuation syndrome?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old female with a history of the major depressive disorder and generalized anxiety disorder, including an extensive family history of both as well. Currently, on 300 mg of Bupropion (Wellbutrin) and 150 mg of Venlafaxine (Effexor), each once daily, taken in the mornings. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatrist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Antidepressant discontinuation is unlikely here as there had been no change in drug dosage recently unless you had missed a dose. These brain zaps could be due to stress or the medication itself and usually stops on their own after some time. In my opinion practising r...  Read Full »

Why do some students lack interest in studies?

Query: Hi doctor,First time, when I was in the hostel I acted like fainting. So, they took me to the hospital and after checking BP, the doctor said it was low. The next day, I got very high fever and came home. Then after some days, I went hostel as I had kidney pain. I was brought here and had a scan. Th...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to the icliniq.com. I completely understand that you are feeling a lack of interest in studies and unable to focus on your studies.  Read Full »

How to handle long-distance relationships?

Query: Hi doctor,I am in a relationship for the past four years and my boyfriend has now moved to another city. We were in the same college and I used to hang out daily. But, now things have changed. He is busy there with his life. We are talking so less and so I cry some days. I am not even able to study....  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I completely understand that you feel disturbed as your boyfriend moved to another city.  Read Full »

Why do I always feel hopeless and nervous?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having really bad anxiety. I have a feeling of hopelessness and fear of the unknown. I have been diagnosed with depression when I was younger and have been to a mental institute once. I just feel like being around no one. I am irritable and have tremors. It has been happening about t...  Read Full »

Dr. Vijay Niranjan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. You are describing episodes of panic attacks in which one feels intense anxiety, fear of impending doom, racing or sinking heart, dizziness, breathlessness, numbness, dry mouth, tremors, etc. Mostly, panic attacks are part of psychological orig...  Read Full »

Can exercise help premature ejaculation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old married male. I have premature ejaculation problem. What are the ways for me to overcome it? Will exercises or workout help in overcoming it? Can you suggest me ways to overcome it?  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.Premature ejaculation in most individuals occurs because of associated anxiety, psychological reasons, and hyperexcitation. Relaxation and treatment of anxiety result in improvement in most individuals. The first thing you have to understand that it is normal to ejacula...  Read Full »

How can I overcome getting affected by thoughts of past bitter situations?

Query: Hello doctor, I have repeated thoughts of past bitter situations all the day for the past six months. I get easily upset and I start crying for unnecessary reasons. This is making my life hell and I have no peace at all. I am having a very poor concentration, not able to study. These thoughts a...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from obsessive thought disorder with depression. You may have compulsion but you have not mentioned in your symptoms so it seems to be only an obsession. For example, having an obsession with contamination and compulsion of washing unnecessa...  Read Full »

What can I do to manage anxiety attacks?

Query: Hi doctor, I get a type of anxiety and fear of going out somewhere. Six years ago, when I was in high school some guy gave me something to smoke. I did not know what it was. That day, I went home and I was high. The next morning I woke up fine and went to school. After some time, I started to feel l...  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through all your details. No panic attack itself is a positive development. This also shows that you are able to manage your anxiety disorder. There are many aspects to your issue. The first substance abuse and resultant anxiety, relationship problems with yo...  Read Full »

I often get angry. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old female. I cannot control my emotions. In certain situations, I easily get angry and irritated. I also start blaming the other person for the mistake. I take everything negatively and also speak in a negative way. I do not have patience during that time. Please give me...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from an intermittent explosive disorder which is an impulse control disorder. In this, there is an explosive anger outburst during which your anger makes you do and utter things like blaming others, which you regret after the episode. Most patients descr...  Read Full »

My heart pounds when I am worried. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am getting anxiety and panic attacks when I am worried or overthink. I had pounding and palpitation at that time. But, I am not feeling anything in specific. I am going 20 minutes walk daily about 6.5 km per hour and burning 200 calories. I lost around 5 kg in the past three months. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query and attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), my opinion is as follows: The eosinophil count is mildly high, indicating a possible allergic reaction to the environment. However, if you have not taken any antihelmintics and if th...  Read Full »