Q. I am having restlessness in legs with irritation, and lack of sleep. What could be my problem?

I am 30 years old. I am having a problem of restlessness in legs, fatigue, tiredness, irritation, confusion, lack of sleep or disturbed sleep. I am currently taknig Calcium tablets.

#

You seem to be suffering from restless leg syndrome (RLS). This, however, needs exclusion of other issues like thyroid disorder, iron and calcium deficiency as well. If all these investigations are normal, my recommendations for your treatment would be Pregabalin along with lifestyle modifications like yoga, meditation.

I am a student staying in a hostel and there might be a problem of a balanced diet. Actually sometimes I work on my laptop for 10-12 hours a day (not regularly). Can you suggest what type of test I should examine in the lab? Usually, I go for walking daily and also plays badminton.

#

The following tests are recommended for you:

1. Complete blood count.

2. Iron studies.

3. Serum calcium and vitamin D levels.

4. Thyroid profile.

Get these tests done and write back to me with reports. If you have any further queries, please ask me.

Reports of the above mentioned test are attached. Please check.

#

Your vitamin D is low and that can be a reason for your symptoms. I would recommend in such a case take capsule Uprise D3 once a week for three months.

What about monocytes and basophills?

#

They are non-specific and do not carry any significance pertaining to your symptoms. They could be because of any previous viral infection.

|