Q. One side of my face became red and swollen after Restylane. What can I do?

Dr. Abhishek. V

The one side of my face became red and swollen after Restylane. The vial must have had bacteria in it. I was put on several rounds of antibiotics and the doctor had to finally squeeze the filler out. It is a year later and the entire side of my face is swollen where the infection was. The doctor, of course, claims it was not from that because it is a year later but my face never looked like that. He did Sculptra, putting more on the un-swollen side, but it still does not match. What can I do?

#

Restylane fillers rarely produce infection but may cause a viral infection. One possibility is you would have had a hypersensitivity reaction to some proteins in the filler. But it is very unlikely for it to stay for a year. If there are some localized swelling and induration may indicate a foreign body granuloma or reaction. There are very few options available you could try like dilute steroid injection. But as your doctor has done filling the opposite side seems logical.

For more information consult a plastic surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/plastic-surgeon

|