Q. I have an abscessed tooth with swollen face. Is it a matter of concern?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Published on May 22, 2019

I have an abscessed tooth and have been on antibiotics for three days. I woke up this morning with an extremely swollen face, should I go to the ER?

#

I have gone through your question and I can understand your concern about your toothache and facial swelling. You need IV (intravenous) route antibiotics like Ceftriaxone one gram after allergic test and for that, you must visit either a dentist or an emergency room. After your infection is over either get your teeth root canaled or extracted as per the condition of the tooth and your choice.

Grossly decayed tooth.

Cellulitis.

Periapical periodontal abscess with related space infection.

IV route antibiotics after test dose for allergic reaction.
Root canal treatment or extraction.

Why do I have underdeveloped jaw bones, scoliosis, and swollen face?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old. I have one kid and I am seven months pregnant. Since I started puberty, I got a lot of health problems. The left side of my underjaw is not fully grown. It feels like pieces are missing. You can also see the big difference between the left side of my chin and the right...  Read Full »

Which is better for tooth abscess in 4 year old- pulpotomy or extraction?

Query: Hello doctor, My 4 year old kid has tooth abscess with pus on the upper arc of front teeth. The pus drains and again comes. We have given antibiotics but the problem again comes. What should we do now - tooth extraction or pulpotomy?  Read Full »