Q. My testicle suddenly moved up, so I pushed it back, and I am having pain till now. Why?

Dr. Utkarsh Sharma
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan

I am 18-year-old. I am kind of embarrassed. That is why I did not open up yet. About three to four months ago, my right testicle suddenly disappeared for a while. I found out that it was gone in the upper part, where we shave. So I pushed it back after that till now. I am having pain, not much, but the pain in my right testicle already been checked. There are no lumps. Please help me. I am very much worried.

#

I understand your concern and will help you regarding it. Was it the first and last occasion that you experienced such an issue, or is it a frequent happening? You might be having a retractile testicle. A hyperactive cremaster muscle causes it.

Normal cremasteric reflex is triggered by stress, anxiety, and cold temperature. Contraction of this muscle pulls the testis towards the groin, which is a normal phenomenon. However, an excessive contraction can lead to testicular retraction.

A retractile testicle must be differentiated from an ascending testicle. The main difference between these entities is whether the testicle is easily guided down to the scrotum. If the testicle is easily manipulated or spontaneously moves down, it means it is a retractile testicle.

Usually, no treatment is required for a retracted testicle. The condition goes away around the commence of puberty. However, until it descends permanently, the condition should be evaluated by a doctor at regular intervals. If a retractile testicle becomes an ascending testicle, surgery may be required to move the testicle into the scrotum permanently. This surgical procedure is called orchiopexy.

I hope this was helpful.

|