Q. What does my PSV value of 0. 79 MoM indicate?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 19, 2020

I had Doppler MCA. The report showed MCA-PSV value of 0.79 MoM. What does it indicate? Please explain.

#

• Why have you undergone the Doppler of the MCA (middle cerebral artery)?
  • Though you may be an Rh negative woman, is it your first pregnancy? In that case this is not needed.
  • We only advise this if an Rh negative woman has previous history of childbirth or abortion and has not been immunized.
  • However, this reflects whether your fetus is normal or anemic due to the lack of RBC (red blood cells), which gets destroyed due to isoimmunization.
  • The peak systolic velocity (MCA-PSV) cutoff value recognized world wide is 1.29 MoM and the value above it needs clinical testing as well as blood testing.
  • Your value is much below the range and showing the fetus inside you does not have any anemia at present. However, a repeat testing with an interval of four weeks is needed up to 34 weeks.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Is there any serious issue? Can you please tell the solution?

#

• As far as the report you have sent, there is no such serious issue. This is an absolutely healthy pregnancy now.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|