Q. I am getting pain under ribs and in the back like muscle pull. What to do?

Answered by
Dr. Harshul Gohel
and medically reviewed by Dr.Nithila A
Published on Aug 01, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 02, 2019

Hello doctor,

For the past two days, I am getting the pain under my right rib cage slightly under the chest and even back under the shoulder. It does not pain usually, but the pain remains there. But when I am laughing, it hurts like something is pulling, and the pain increases. What could it be and whom to consult?

Dr. Harshul Gohel

Internal Medicine


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Your history is suggestive of muscular pain. But it should also to rule out any cardiac cause. I will give you some medication, if you did not find any improvement, you consult a cardiologist for a complete cardiac profile, or I will provide you with some tests that you need to follow.

The Probable causes:

Muscular pain.

Treatment plan:

1. Tablet Buscopan (Hyoscine butyl bromide) (1-0-1)
2. Tablet Dan-p (Diclofenac, Paracetamol) (0-1-0)
3. Tablet Pan 40 mg (Pantoprazole) (1-0-0)

All medications for five days.

Was this answer helpful?


Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Can a wisdom tooth cause neck and arm pain?

Query: Hello doctor, Can a possible wisdom tooth cause neck and arm pain? My tooth hurts on the same side as neck and arm.  Read Full »

Please help with my pain under my rib cage.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 25 years old. My weight is 53 kg and height is 5.3. From yesterday afternoon, I have some pain under my rib cage. Please check the reference image. I can breathe easily, but it is paining when I am breathing heavy. It has also pained when I laugh, cough and puke. Please help me wit...  Read Full »



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Internal Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.