Q. Can I use Terbinaforce Plus cream for ringworm?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney
Published on Jul 11, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 21, 2019

I am having ring like patches all over the body for the past five months. I have itching all over the body including private parts and now it spreads to face as well. I had Griseofulvin tablets, Liv-Cet-5 twice daily and Terbinaforce Plus cream for the last 2 months. But, it did not cure my problem. So, I have stopped taking it now. Kindly help me.

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

• You should not have used Terbinaforce plus cream (combination of Clobetasol propionate, Ofloxacin, Ornidazole and Terbinafine) as it contains Clobetasol which is a steroid. It aggravates fungal infection and does not get it cured.
  • You should take capsule Itraconazole 100 mg twice daily along with Luliconazole cream on the affected area once daily.
  • You can continue with Liv-Cet-5 (Levocetirizine) twice daily as it is an antihistamine and will relieve itching. Continue this treatment for two weeks and then revert back.
  • Besides this you should not share your towel and soap. Wear loose cotton clothes and be in a cool and airy environment.

Fungal infection.

Tinea.

Luliconazole is not available nearby. Can you suggest an alternative for Luliconazole?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

• You can use Sertaconazole cream on the affected area twice daily. It is as effective as Luliconazole cream.

Can fungal infection cause low grade fever?

Query: Hi doctor, For around nine weeks now, I have had a low grade fever and that persists. Also, I feel a little upper throat fullness and mild sinus congestion. I have been in and out of primary care clinics many times looking for help.  I had two chest x-rays and they were clear. I also had blood test...  Read Full »

I have fungal infection in my ear.Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with fungal ear infection yesterday. Doctor asked me to get admitted in the hospital for a microsuction to remove fungal debris. Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction? Can microsuction be done as an out patient procedure without staying in...  Read Full »

I have itching and hot feeling in between my thigh and vagina. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a strong itching and hot feeling in the space between my left thigh and vagina. What could be causing this? I am really not able to tell if there is a color change.  Read Full »