Terbinafine

Terbinafine is an antifungal medication available as both tablet and ointment. It is used to treat ringworm (tinea) infections.

My infection for tinea cruris recurs inspite of having drugs. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have treated tinea cruris for the last six months with all allopathic medicines ranging from Terbinifine for six weeks to Itraconazole and Fluconazole and all the zole category ointments but there is no relief. The infection returns after one month of stoppage of medicine. No diabete...  Read Full »

Dr. Kavita Rajput

Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a recurrence of tinea, and it will not go by any zole category ointment, you have taken a lot of medications, that is why you take one dose of Sulphur 200 early morning empty stomach, only once do not repeat it. Then wait for one week with no medicine (allow su...  Read Full »

What are the side effects of consuming alcohol and Terbinafine together?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been taking Terbinafine for the last three months for my nail fungus. I just want to make sure that it is safe for me to drink alcohol now that I am off the pill. I plan on drinking a whole week (seven days) after I take my last pill. Will I be fine? How long after taking my la...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Actually, small traces of Terbinafine will stay in blood for few weeks. However, its initial half-life is 36 hours, after a week period, the level is significantly at a lower level. So you may safely drink alcohol. However, it is better to keep it at a moderate level...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest treatment for inner thigh discoloration.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 49 year old fairly healthy male. My height is 6 feet and weight is 260. I am overweight and also have low testosterone. I have had a noticeable shrinkage in my testicles in recent years. I have embarrassing erectile issues, including premature ejaculation and often I am unable t...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. At the onset I would like to tell you that though I understand your concern and situation, but there is nothing to be ashamed or apprehensive of yourself. It is a medical problem and can only be tackled by proper medical treatment and advice, and not by hiding your ...  Read Full »

Is the large area of redness in my buttock a fungal infection?

Query: Hello doctor, For a couple of months, I have had a red area between my butt cheeks (not anus, further up where butt cheeks meet). This developed on the right side as a large area of redness which now feels scaly and a bit raised. At times it may feel moist, watery, not quite bleedy though. I tried a...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After carefully reading your complaints and looking at your photographs, there seem to be three possibilities (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Tinea cruris. Psoriasis. Erythrasma. For making a clear cut diagnosis, I need the answers for a few qu...  Read Full »

What Is The Reason For Severe Itch In Genitals And The Surrounding Area?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old. I am suffering from itching genitalia for over 5-6 years and the severity would range from low to medium. It is mostly due to sweating in that area. I used to apply itch guard for a few days and it used to get fine. Now, over four to five months I have severe itching o...  Read Full »

Dr. Sidharth Sonthalia

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problem seems to have lingered on to become a chronic hyperkeratotic scrotal eczema. This is a result of your hyperallergic tendency, constant scratching, sweat induced maceration and intermittent but incomplete treatments with suboptimal medicines. As of now a...  Read Full »

Please suggest a permanent solution for itching around the groin.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old. For the past few years, I have been suffering with itching on my groin and surrounding areas. I usually use Cloritamazole dusting powder on and off. But, when the itch really increases, I use Quadriderm ointment for 1-2 days. Once the problem reduces, I stop using it. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay Kumar

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Microbiologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can very well understand what you are going through. I will give my best shot to treat your problem. I examined the photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and found the original fungal lesions have been converted to the present appearance because...  Read Full »

Can I use Terbinaforce Plus cream for ringworm?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having ring like patches all over the body for the past five months. I have itching all over the body including private parts and now it spreads to face as well. I had Griseofulvin tablets, Liv-Cet-5 twice daily and Terbinaforce Plus cream for the last 2 months. But, it did not cure...  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should not have used Terbinaforce plus cream (combination of Clobetasol propionate, Ofloxacin, Ornidazole and Terbinafine) as it contains Clobetasol which is a steroid. It aggravates fungal infection and does not get it cured. You should take capsule Itracona...  Read Full »

What is the fungal infection present in my inner thigh?

Query: Hi doctor, I have got a fungal infection near my inner thigh area. I have been taking tablet Forcan 150 mg and applied Candid-B cream over it. But I do not have any results. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Yeshwanth Kumar

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a fungal infection. Stop using Candid-B (Beclomethasone topical and Clotrimazole topical) cream. Please say about the severity and the duration of the disease. Please mention about your age and marital status.  Read Full »

How can jock itch be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old non-diabetic male. I am suffering from a jock itch and ringworm infection. I have been applying Quadriderm cream but I have not noticed any significant improvement. Rather, the itching has intensified. The inner thigh and anal area have turned brown. On ringworms, I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I suggest you take an oral antifungal like Zimig 250 mg (Terbinafine) or Canditral (Itraconazole) 200 mg capsule once a day for four weeks. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss ...  Read Full »

Why are the rashes around my penis and under leg not getting cured?

Query: Hi doctor, For the past one month, I am getting rashes around my penis, under legs and also on back. I have used many medicines like Quadriderm, Neo Clobenate GM, Ring Guard, etc. But, they did not work. Please prescribe me some good medicine. Thank you.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With your description it seems that you are having tinea cruris, a kind of fungal infections. You immediately stop Quadriderm (a combination of Betamethasone Valerate, Gentamicin, Tolnaftate and Clioquinol). It is a steroid containing cream. It will hide the lesion rather...  Read Full »