Terbinafine

Terbinafine is an antifungal medication available as both tablet and ointment. It is used to treat ringworm (tinea) infections.

What is the reason for appearance of red spots on the glans of penis after sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old. A spot appeared on the penis after two weeks of unprotected sex. It was not extensive, with no painful urination, irritation, and no discharge. But I have slight abdominal pain with some discomfort.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I guess you are speaking about that reddish spot over the base of the glans penis, not the tiny spot within that reddish zone. That tiny spot is not a significant finding. Regarding that re...  Read Full »

How to treat the infected skin rashes in inner thighs?

Query: Hello doctor, I have rashes on my inner thighs. They are itchy and have infected areas of dark color. There is no pus but just itchiness.  Read Full »

Dr. Bincy Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems the rash and itching on the inner thighs could probably be due to a fungal infection of the skin. This is very common especially in tropical countries and more so in the hot humid summers. To accurately diagnose the same, further information like images of the ...  Read Full »

How to relieve severe pubic itching?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from severe itching near pubic area and the skin turned black. Previously, I had pubic lice issue, which was cured using Permethrin lotion. I am currently using Flucort-C cream, but it is not effective. Please suggest some medicine for it. Thank you.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from tinea incognito (steroid masked fungal infection). Steroid is contraindicated in fungal infection and you were using a steroid on it, so you have made the condition worse. Nevertheless, I suggest the following medications. Consult a specialist doct...  Read Full »

How is a broken nail bed managed?

Query: Hi doctor, My nail beds are not smooth. The area from where nails are coming out is broken. I am having this problem for more than six years. First, it was there only on a single nail and then it started spreading. Sometimes, watery pus forms near the root of the nail. I have sent the images for you...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems that you are suffering from paronychia with ingrown nails. Paronychia is infection around a fingernail. In your case, since you are suffering from last 6 years, it looks like ch...  Read Full »

What could cause a circular rash beside the nose with burning sensation?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a circular rash beside my nose and did not subside. I have tried antibiotics, face cream, and face wash. Nothing seems to work. It does not itch though, it burns when it is really hot.  Read Full »

Dr. Subhash Kashyap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your case. I need to know the following things before arriving at a final diagnosis. What is the total duration since it first appeared? Is it sensitive to touch? Does it burn in sunlight? Any similar lesion elsewhere in the body? Is it thick on pressi...  Read Full »

How to treat eczema-like lesions on the face?

Query: Hello doctor, I just noticed that in my face near to mouth, I have something like eczema, but colorless. I checked on the net and it is like ringworm. I am very much worried. What should I do? I am currently on beta blockers. Last week when I had a blood test, my doctor advised me to take Iron suppl...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please put up some clear pictures of the affected area for proper evaluation and guidance. Thank you. Revert back with photographs to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

As Lamisil has terrifying side effects, please suggest an alternate for scalp ringworm.

Query: Hello doctor, My 5-year-old daughter has scalp ringworm. I am using head and shoulders intense medicated shampoo and topical 2% Ketoconazole antifungal cream. Her doctor also prescribed an oral antifungal Lamisil packets granules 125 mg to be taken in food for a month. I am terrified of giving my 5...  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Scalp ringworm infection stays for a longer time. Topical ketoconazole cream is good. The oral medication prescribed is also good for the infection. There are a few alternatives. Any medicine carries some side effects along with it. We need to weigh the benefit and ...  Read Full »

Why do I have spots on my penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have got some spots on my penis. Can you please identify what is it? Also please let me know the reason for development. It is a recurring episode. Can you also suggest a remedy? Thank you.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long it has been there? What is the complaint in it? Have you tried any self-medication? Revert back with the answers to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

My mom is suffering from a skin disease. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My mom is suffering from skin disease for the last two months on her palms and bottom part of her legs. She has an itchy feel from inside and usually her hands are getting tight and dry. The upper layer of her palm skin is coming out in patches. Please guide me with the pictures attached.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and the given history of your mother. Most likely she is suffering from tinea manuum (fungal infection of hand) and tinea pedis and the second possibility is hand and foot eczema (dyshidrotic eczem...  Read Full »

How is ringworm infection treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I had ringworm problem for the past three to four months. I used Abzorb - Clotrimazole powder and Betnovate GM cream. It did not stop, but increased spreading to other areas. Then I went to a doctor and he diagnosed it as tinea incognito. He prescribed Terbinafine 250, Levocetirizine ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are having ringworm infection then you are going on right track. You have applied Betnovate cream (Betamethasone), which is a topical steroid. It usually suppresses or hides your lesion. That is why it gets converted into tinea incognito (fungal infection m...  Read Full »