Terbinafine

Terbinafine is an antifungal medication available as both tablet and ointment. It is used to treat ringworm (tinea) infections.

I have a major problem with my toenails. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a major problem in my toenails. Kindly look at the picture and suggest a treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Shekhawat Rajveer Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are suffering from tinea unguium, which is a fungal disease of the nails. You have to keep your nails hygienic. Keep away from chemical irritants especially, soap and detergents as well as di...  Read Full »

What is the reason for rashes all over the body of my 4.5-month-old baby?

Query: Hi doctor, My 4.5 months old baby girl was diagnosed with scabies before a month. Her pediatrician advised to apply Permethrin both for mother and baby. After applying she got new rashes all over the body, especially on face, around cheeks and both lower legs, feet and sole. Now on her back three or...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send the photographs of the lesion. She might be suffering from atopic dermatitis. I can able to give a definite diagnosis only after seeing the lesion. Revert back with the photographs to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/d...  Read Full »

How to cure the itching and color change in my buttocks for the past four years?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a skin problem on my buttocks since 4 years. Due to this severe itching sensation was there and also my skin on the buttocks became black. Please help me to get rid of this disease and get back my original color of skin. Kindly suggest me some medicine. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Chaitra. P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the details (attachments removed to protect patient identity) provided by you. You seem to have a fungal infection of skin called tinea cruris. It is commonly called as ringworm. Due to inappropriate treatment it might have spread extensively. ...  Read Full »

How to get rid of itchy groin?

Query: Hello doctor, I have itchy boils on the scrotum and groin areas. During the day, I feel too itchy, and due to the itching, I have developed rashes which are painful. When I try to break them, it starts to bleed. Sometimes, I have the itchiness during the night as well. I have attached an image for y...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and seen your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It does look like a fungal infection. Due to the application of steroid-based products, the clinical picture has been altered. The use of a steroid-based product for a fun...  Read Full »

I have a fungal infection in my right hand. How to treat it?

Query: Hello doctor,I have one red spot on my right hand, which is a fungal infection. Sometimes, it will grow in other body parts like stomach or legs, but then automatically disappears in 2 to 3 days. I am so worried. What to do? What is the treatment for this?  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Have you applied any creams? Do you have a history of diabetes or hypertension? In the case of a fungal infection, you can try using Onabet (Sertaconazole) cream or Episert (Sertaconazole) cream or DK gel (Miconazole), twice a day. But if there is a recurrence, then o...  Read Full »

Do I need to continue the prescribed medicines after a miscarriage?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a miscarriage 15 days back, my TSH is 4.19, hemoglobin is 12.1 g/dL, height is 5 feet, weight is 68 kg, and blood sugar is 54 and 116 mg/dL. Now my doctor has prescribed me with a lot of medicines like Thyroxine, Glyciphage, Aldactone 100, Terbinafine 250, etc. I have some itching i...  Read Full »

Dr. Shalaka Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. All is not over, as your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) seem normal to me. Continue the thyroid medication. Your ideal weight for your height would be 50 kg. So, try to reduce weight using diet and exerc...  Read Full »

I have a fungal infection under my inner thigh. Kindly suggest some medication.

Query: Hi doctor, I have developed some fungal infection under my inner thigh. It is itching badly. It is red and round with elevated outer edges. It is very close to scrotum. It first developed two weeks before. When I applied Clotrimazole it got cured but recurred again now. Can you advise some medicatio...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fungal infection indeed is very problematic if it becomes recurrent. First of all you keep the following precaution in mind. Do not keep the area wet at all. Use powder frequently to keep it dry. Avoid itching and do not scratch it. Change the undergarments regularly. A...  Read Full »

Why am I having rashes forming on the groin area?

Query: Hello, I noticed rashes forming from groin and spreading up to stomach and chest area. I have attached the reports and photos here, kindly go through it.   Read Full »

Dr. Basti Bharatesh Devendra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports and photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity) in detail. It appears to be due to scabies or fungal infection. I would like to know the following details: What is your age? What are all the symptoms that you ha...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a suitable medication for ringworm infection in scrotum.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 47 years old. My height is 5.6 feet, and I weigh about 65 kg. I am suffering from ringworm for the past six months in my groin area. Due to lockdown, I could not visit any hospital for treatment. With my friend's help, I took Terbinafine 250 mg for six weeks and applied Itraconaz...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zubayer Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from ringworm for the last six months. You have recently developed a little red-colored thick skin appearance with a burning sensation on both sides of the scrotum. According ...  Read Full »

What is the reason for appearance of red spots on the glans of penis after sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old. A spot appeared on the penis after two weeks of unprotected sex. It was not extensive, with no painful urination, irritation, and no discharge. But I have slight abdominal pain with some discomfort.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I guess you are speaking about that reddish spot over the base of the glans penis, not the tiny spot within that reddish zone. That tiny spot is not a significant finding. Regarding that red...  Read Full »