Terbinafine

Terbinafine is an antifungal medication available as both tablet and ointment. It is used to treat ringworm (tinea) infections.

How to get rid of itchy groin?

Query: Hello doctor, I have itchy boils on the scrotum and groin areas. During the day, I feel too itchy, and due to the itching, I have developed rashes which are painful. When I try to break them, it starts to bleed. Sometimes, I have the itchiness during the night as well. I have attached an image for y...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and seen your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It does look like a fungal infection. Due to the application of steroid-based products, the clinical picture has been altered. The use of a steroid-based product for a fun...  Read Full »

I have a fungal infection in my right hand. How to treat it?

Query: Hello doctor,I have one red spot on my right hand, which is a fungal infection. Sometimes, it will grow in other body parts like stomach or legs, but then automatically disappears in 2 to 3 days. I am so worried. What to do? What is the treatment for this?  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Have you applied any creams? Do you have a history of diabetes or hypertension? In the case of a fungal infection, you can try using Onabet (Sertaconazole) cream or Episert (Sertaconazole) cream or DK gel (Miconazole), twice a day. But if there is a recurrence, then o...  Read Full »

Do I need to continue the prescribed medicines after a miscarriage?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a miscarriage 15 days back, my TSH is 4.19, hemoglobin is 12.1 g/dL, height is 5 feet, weight is 68 kg, and blood sugar is 54 and 116 mg/dL. Now my doctor has prescribed me with a lot of medicines like Thyroxine, Glyciphage, Aldactone 100, Terbinafine 250, etc. I have some itching i...  Read Full »

Dr. Shalaka Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. All is not over, as your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) seem normal to me. Continue the thyroid medication. Your ideal weight for your height would be 50 kg. So, try to reduce weight using diet and exerc...  Read Full »

I have a fungal infection under my inner thigh. Kindly suggest some medication.

Query: Hi doctor, I have developed some fungal infection under my inner thigh. It is itching badly. It is red and round with elevated outer edges. It is very close to scrotum. It first developed two weeks before. When I applied Clotrimazole it got cured but recurred again now. Can you advise some medicatio...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fungal infection indeed is very problematic if it becomes recurrent. First of all you keep the following precaution in mind. Do not keep the area wet at all. Use powder frequently to keep it dry. Avoid itching and do not scratch it. Change the undergarments regularly. A...  Read Full »

Why am I having rashes forming on the groin area?

Query: Hello, I noticed rashes forming from groin and spreading up to stomach and chest area. I have attached the reports and photos here, kindly go through it.   Read Full »

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports and photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity) in detail. It appears to be due to scabies or fungal infection. I would like to know the following details: What is your age? What are all the symptoms that you ha...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a suitable medication for ringworm infection in scrotum.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 47 years old. My height is 5.6 feet, and I weigh about 65 kg. I am suffering from ringworm for the past six months in my groin area. Due to lockdown, I could not visit any hospital for treatment. With my friend's help, I took Terbinafine 250 mg for six weeks and applied Itraconaz...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from ringworm for the last six months. You have recently developed a little red-colored thick skin appearance with a burning sensation on both sides of the scrotum. According ...  Read Full »

What is the reason for appearance of red spots on the glans of penis after sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old. A spot appeared on the penis after two weeks of unprotected sex. It was not extensive, with no painful urination, irritation, and no discharge. But I have slight abdominal pain with some discomfort.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I guess you are speaking about that reddish spot over the base of the glans penis, not the tiny spot within that reddish zone. That tiny spot is not a significant finding. Regarding that red...  Read Full »

How to treat the infected skin rashes in inner thighs?

Query: Hello doctor, I have rashes on my inner thighs. They are itchy and have infected areas of dark color. There is no pus but just itchiness.  Read Full »

Dr. Bincy Varghese

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems the rash and itching on the inner thighs could probably be due to a fungal infection of the skin. This is very common especially in tropical countries and more so in the hot humid summers. To accurately diagnose the same, further information like images of the ...  Read Full »

How to relieve severe pubic itching?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from severe itching near pubic area and the skin turned black. Previously, I had pubic lice issue, which was cured using Permethrin lotion. I am currently using Flucort-C cream, but it is not effective. Please suggest some medicine for it. Thank you.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from tinea incognito (steroid masked fungal infection). Steroid is contraindicated in fungal infection and you were using a steroid on it, so you have made the condition worse. Nevertheless, I suggest the following medications. Consult a specialist doct...  Read Full »

How is a broken nail bed managed?

Query: Hi doctor, My nail beds are not smooth. The area from where nails are coming out is broken. I am having this problem for more than six years. First, it was there only on a single nail and then it started spreading. Sometimes, watery pus forms near the root of the nail. I have sent the images for you...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems that you are suffering from paronychia with ingrown nails. Paronychia is infection around a fingernail. In your case, since you are suffering from last 6 years, it looks like ch...  Read Full »