Q. Does a root canal failure cause light-headed, dizziness and blocked ear?

Dr. Ummah Mohammad
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 24, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

I have a failed root canal with an abscess. I have been feeling light-headed, dizzy with a blocked ear. I had MRI and blood tests to rule out other issues, and they are clear. Can the abscess cause these issues? If so, how long for lightheadedness to go once the tooth is removed?

#

I would suggest you get the affected tooth extracted as soon as possible because it is not merely extraction, your dentist will first subside the collected abscess, and as soon as the treatment gets started, you will begin feeling better. Your question about if other things are correlated then yes because the abscess is nothing other than infection and you must be knowing our bodies are working on blood vessels, lymph nodes, glands, etc., so it does not take much for a virus to spread. Follow-up with me after you have begun your treatment.

Abscess collection and spread of infection.

OPG.

Abscess.

Abscess drainage, extraction.

Follow-up after having a word with your dentist

|