Q. I attached my full mouth X-ray. Is everything fine?

Dr. Parth Laxminarayan Iyer
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Jul 16, 2019

Please see the full mouth X-ray that I have uploaded and see if everything is all right or if not, what are the recommendations. I had a root canal on two left sides lower teeth two years back, which along with the cap is visible in the X-ray.

#

I am sorry to inform you that there seems to be mild to moderate infection near the root of the lower left first molar. It is better to go for systemic as well as some local or topical antibiotic (gel) and see the regression in three to five days. The other options include repeating the root canal treatment or extraction. (Let us not hope this does not happen). Rest of the teeth appear fine in the x-ray, except for some incipient caries, that need to be examined, diagnosed, and treated clinically. I hope it helps you.

How to treat the infected tooth present with pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a lot of pain on my right side upper and lower jaw. I have a wisdom tooth on the upper jaw. Before two days, the tooth directly below the wisdom tooth got broken, and it is causing pain. I am scared of going to the dentist. What can I do now? Please help me.  Read Full »

Do I need a root canal if there is no pain?

Query: Hello doctor,Approximately one year back, my left chewing tooth got a small hole due to something which I bit. So, that became a tooth decay, over there it looks black. I recently consulted a dentist. So, he suggested a root canal but I do not have any pain nor loose of teeth and also I am afraid of...  Read Full »

Can root canal treatment help reduce swelling around infected teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I have placed caps in my two teeth. Now, I got swelling around the teeth. X-ray has been taken. The doctor told me that there is some infection in the teeth, so it needs a root canal to be done. I do not have any pain in the teeth. I have only swelling in the teeth. Please suggest what to...  Read Full »