Q. I attached my full mouth X-ray. Is everything fine?

Dr. Parth Laxminarayan Iyer
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Please see the full mouth X-ray that I have uploaded and see if everything is all right or if not, what are the recommendations. I had a root canal on two left sides lower teeth two years back, which along with the cap is visible in the X-ray.

Do you have a question on Root Canal Treatment or Topical Antibiotics?

Ask a Doctor Now

I am sorry to inform you that there seems to be mild to moderate infection near the root of the lower left first molar. It is better to go for systemic as well as some local or topical antibiotic (gel) and see the regression in three to five days. The other options include repeating the root canal treatment or extraction. (Let us not hope this does not happen). Rest of the teeth appear fine in the x-ray, except for some incipient caries, that need to be examined, diagnosed, and treated clinically. I hope it helps you.

How to treat the infected tooth present with pain?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a lot of pain on my right side upper and lower jaw. I have a wisdom tooth on the upper jaw. Before two days, the tooth directly below the wisdom tooth got broken, and it is causing pain. I am scared of going to the dentist. What can I do now? Please help me.  Read Full »
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have an infection in the pulp in the lower right last tooth. It has caries, and there is an inflamed tissue present around it. In the case of partially erupting upper tooth, you can...  Read Full »

Is root canal treatment necessary if there is no pain in the tooth?
Query: Hello doctor,Approximately one year back, my left chewing tooth got a small hole due to something which I bit. So, that became a tooth decay, over there it looks black. I recently consulted a dentist. So, he suggested a root canal but I do not have any pain nor loose of teeth and also I am afraid of...  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the cavity is deep, the root canal treatment is necessary to save it. Else, it will have to be pulled out later. If it is not too deep then you should ask him whether first a temporary filling can be given and if there is no pain even after one month, it can be re...  Read Full »

Can root canal treatment help reduce swelling around infected teeth?
Query: Hi doctor, I have placed caps in my two teeth. Now, I got swelling around the teeth. X-ray has been taken. The doctor told me that there is some infection in the teeth, so it needs a root canal to be done. I do not have any pain in the teeth. I have only swelling in the teeth. Please suggest what to...  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain will come back after a few days if the root canal treatment is not done for the infected teeth. It is better to do a root canal treatment in the teeth as soon as possible as the pain can become unbearable. Such swelling come due to nerves that get rotten inside the...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now