Q. What is the procedure for dental implants in place of fixed prosthesis?

Dr. Asma Parveen

I lost my upper incisor after a childhood injury which later on was replaced by a dental bridge by a dentist who damaged my three healthy teeth to fix the bridge. It has been 15 years now and I want to go for implants. So, I have questions about what would be the whole approach? My bridge will be removed along with the teeth it is fixed on? And after how much time implants will be done?

#

Basically, getting implants is a surgical procedure where the dentist would be putting an implant in your bone through a small surgery under local anesthesia. After that you will have to wait for a few months for the implant to osseointegrate inside the bone means it will adapt itself inside the bone like the natural root. After that, there will be a second stage surgery, a very small procedure. After a few months, you will be getting the crown or the artificial tooth permanently. But before all of this, you need to get your bridge out, the teeth will not be removed with the bridge.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

| 

My partner fears the dentist would pull out all his teeth. Are his concerns valid?

Query: Hello doctor,My partner has type-2 diabetes and has lost several teeth. I am trying to talk him into a dentist visit, not necessarily to walk out with implants or dentures, but to just get an exam and a cleaning done. He believes that the few teeth he does have left will not survive even something a...  Read Full »

Why is my dental implant getting reinfected often?

Query: Hello doctor, I had my tooth removed and a dental implant done five months ago. About three months ago it got infected. I went to my dentist, who cleaned out the infection and prescribed antibiotics. The infection did not go away, so I was prescribed antibiotics two more times. Once again, the infe...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»