Q. What is the procedure for dental implants in place of fixed prosthesis?

Dr. Asma Parveen

I lost my upper incisor after a childhood injury which later on was replaced by a dental bridge by a dentist who damaged my three healthy teeth to fix the bridge. It has been 15 years now and I want to go for implants. So, I have questions about what would be the whole approach? My bridge will be removed along with the teeth it is fixed on? And after how much time implants will be done?

#

Basically, getting implants is a surgical procedure where the dentist would be putting an implant in your bone through a small surgery under local anesthesia. After that you will have to wait for a few months for the implant to osseointegrate inside the bone means it will adapt itself inside the bone like the natural root. After that, there will be a second stage surgery, a very small procedure. After a few months, you will be getting the crown or the artificial tooth permanently. But before all of this, you need to get your bridge out, the teeth will not be removed with the bridge.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|