iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersDermatologyrunny noseKindly advise treatment for allergic rhinitis.

What can be done for allergic rhinitis?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Divya Banu M

Published At August 18, 2019
Reviewed AtDecember 19, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I have allergic rhinitis. My eyes are itching, sneezing, I have runny nose, and hives. Kindly help.

Answered by Dr. Payal Chauhan


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I understand your concern. If possible kindly send photo of the wheals you are getting. Also, I would need to know how frequently you get them. Meanwhile, you can use the following medicine to help you with these symptoms. Levocetirizine 5mg, Montelukast 10 mg twice a day.

Patient's Query

Thank you doctor,

I want to cure allergic rhinitis permanently.

Answered by Dr. Payal Chauhan


Welcome back to icliniq.com.

Thanks for sharing the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Keep using the medication prescribed above. It will control your urticaria and also help relieve symptoms of allergic rhinitis. There is no permanent cure for allergic rhinitis as of now. You need to take treatment to help alleviate your symptoms but over the time it may subside in a few percentages of patients. Take the tablet regularly without gap for 30 days. For allergic rhinitis part, I recommend you consult an ENT specialist, though this medication will help.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Payal Chauhan
Dr. Payal Chauhan


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

runny noselevocetirizine

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy