Sacroiliac Joint Pain

What can cause one-sided SI joint pain?

Query: What are some common causes of one sided SI joint Pain that comes and goes? I'm 25 and just had a baby (naturally) 10 months ago. Back pain started at 8 months Postpartum .  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti A. Goel

Answer: There are various causes of SI joint pain which range from: Osteoarthritis. Years of stress on the SI joint can eventually wear down the cartilage and lead to osteoarthritis. Ankylosing spondylitis. Ankylosing spondylitis (AS) is a type of inflammatory arthritis that affects the vertebrae and...  Read Full »

Why do I get sharp pain on left hamstring stretch even after hip adjustment?

Query: Hi doctor, I had my hips adjusted about a year ago and the trainer who did it yanked my right leg to align my hips. It felt good at that time but the next day I had nerve pain down my left leg and into my lower back on the right side. Every time I stretch my left hamstring or sit in an L shape I g...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In my opinion, you might have your sacroiliac (SI) joint strained and the same is causing you pain in the back and the leg. You just need a good mobilization of the SI joint and lower spine. Along with some soft tissue work to relieve the pain and spasm. Nothing to w...  Read Full »