Q. What are some common causes of one-sided SI joint pain?

Dr. Shakti A. Goel
This is a premium question & answer published on May 21, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 02, 2020
What are some common causes of one sided SI joint Pain that comes and goes? I'm 25 and just had a baby (naturally) 10 months ago. Back pain started at 8 months Postpartum .  

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. Shakti A. Goel

Orthopedics And Traumatology
#

There are various causes of SI joint pain which range from:

1. Osteoarthritis. Years of stress on the SI joint can eventually wear down the cartilage and lead to osteoarthritis.
  2. Ankylosing spondylitis. Ankylosing spondylitis (AS) is a type of inflammatory arthritis that affects the vertebrae and joints of the spine. ...
  3. Gout. .
  4. Injury.
  5. Pregnancy.
  6. Walking patterns.

Considering your history, it appears more likely due to pregnancy and incorrect posture. It is imperative to know if you are able to fold your legs , any pain in bending forward or backward, any issue in walking.

Mild SI joint pains can get relieved with exercises. Severe may require SI joint injections

Please let me know if something else is required

With regards

| 

I get lower back pain on and off. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from lower back pain, which radiates to my buttock and thigh muscles. The pain is not constant. It comes and goes. What shall I do?  Read Full »

My cervix length is small. Can I do some exercise to get normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23-week pregnant with DCDA twin. My CL at week 19 was 28 mm and I was asked to take bed rest. Can I do any exercise because I prefer natural delivery? Currently, I am taking Progesterone tablets vaginally and also weekly Progesterone injection.  Read Full »

Prevention of Joint Pain in Old Age

Article Overview: Joint pain in old age is a major concern that should not be ignored. Most of us suffer from knee pain or back pain after an age. If we follow simple measures in daily routine then most of these conditions can be prevented. Read Article

Dr. Tiwari

Knee joint pain and backache especially in the lumbar region is a very common problem. Almost every one suffers from these problems in life either because of unhealthy lifestyle or some disease. In most cases, these are preventable and treatable, but due to lack of knowledge most people suffer from ...  Read Article

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now