Salbutamol

Can I take bronchodilator for chest pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My problem is that I have pain in my left lung . Firstly, I will let you know the history. I cannot play any of the sports properly due to the pain. If I work hard such as playing football, running, etc., it will lead to a great pain . And, I cannot even properly cough and it never go aw...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Important here is that only pain is not a symptom of lung allergy or asthma. If that is associated with shortness of breath while doing any physical activity, then it is a sign of asthma. I would recommend a clinical examination in such case. If ...  Read Full »

What are the causes of breathing problems?

Query: Sir/Ma'am I am having difficulty in breathing from last 4 months. My ctscan and Pft and x-ray reports are normal. My Ige value is very high . I smoked from starting of this year. My breathing problem is deteriorating. No sneezing neither any cold. No watery eyes.  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi Welcome to icliniq There can be various reasons for such. But as you mentioned your reports were normal. Then this could be allergies like dust or pollen or smoke. So when we get in contact it triggers asthma and such breathing difficulties occur. Sir are you still smoking? If yes then quit...  Read Full »

Why am I having chronic cough?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a woman, 23. I am 5'2" 137 pds. I am currently taking Cetirizine. I have been coughing badly for the past 5 months when I got my new job at a preschool. I went to the doctor, he prescribed me the before mentioned drug. Although, when it gets really cold, I cough phlegm and other ...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In addition to Cetirizine you need to take a bronchodilator medicine that will help bring out the phlegm better. Salbutamol (Albuterol) is an excellent drug that helps widen the small airway passages and bring out the mucus. It is available in the form of inhalers. T...  Read Full »

Is exertion likely to cause blurred vision and dizziness in asthmatic patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old male. I have asthma and hypotension. I am below average weight (5'10'', 117 lbs). Over the last few months, any time I exert myself beyond normal. I get really dizzy and my vision blurs and tunnels and my lungs hurt badly until I take my inhaler. About 60 seconds la...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you said you are asthmatic and taking two inhalers. But you suffer exertional dyspnea and fatigue also hypotension and all this is because of hypoxia. Your asthma is not under control. So you need to increase the dose of Fluticasone inhaler or take a combination i...  Read Full »

I am having wheezing. Can I take Asthalin syrup?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having wheezing. Can I take Asthalin syrup?  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please give a detailed history. Do you have asthma since childhood? Do you get breathing difficulty only when you get cold or have an allergy towards certain things? Asthalin (Salbutamol) syrup is recommended for all types of wheezing. You can take up to 10 ml (2 lids...  Read Full »

What is Montair LC Kid used for?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 3 years and seven months old. She is a healthy kid. After two and a half years, we observed that she repeatedly catches a cold and cough. The cold lasts for more than two weeks followed by a cough. Her under eye becomes dark. She breathes with her mouth and keeps her...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This looks like a case of hyper reactive airway disease. You will need to use the Budecort inhaler (Budesonide) continuously and observe. The Asthalin inhaler (Salbutamol) will need to be given if there is a cough or cold for a week. Continue Montair LC Kid (Monteluka...  Read Full »

Does my chest X-ray show pneumonia?

Query: Hello doctor, I had severe cough and mucus formation which was in yellow. The doctor had prescribed antibiotics, Salbutamol tablet and allergy tablets. Now that cough has reduced but I feel some heaviness at the back right hand side and when waking up in the morning. While I had visited the doct...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In attached X-ray report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there is presence of slight consolidation in right side. So, it is suggestive of pneumonia like infection. For that, you need to complete antibiotic course. If clinically improved well, then ...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for a 2-month-old baby suffering from dry cough.

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 2 months old and he is suffering with dry cough over the last 3 days. We consulted local doctor and he advised TA-65 capsule which can be taken by mixing one capsule in 10 cc of distilled water. He advised to use 2 mL of this mixture for 3 days. My question is how exactly does T...  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your kid is probably suffering from some throat infection or lung infection (respiratory infection). TA - 65 is a telomerase activator, it comes in capsule form. It is used to boost immune system, skin and given for sexual improvement. It has no role in cough and it...  Read Full »

Can asthma be permanently cured?

Query: Hi doctor, My son aged 4 years and 4 months is premature by birth at 34 weeks. His current weight is 15.5 kg. He always used to get a cough and sometimes fever in an interval of every two to three months, especially since last one year. However, there is no other visible physical or mental problem ...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Though your son is premature, it does not matter with the present illness. Let me first clear you that he is suffering from bronchial asthma. And anyone can have asthma without any family history. So, it is not necessary to be always run in families. To confirm the dia...  Read Full »

How to manage cough and wheeze developed due to swimming water indigestion?

Query: Hi doctor, My 1-year-old daughter has swallowed a fair bit of water while swimming. She vomited in the pool three times. Now, she has developed a cough. It seems to be getting worse now, and she has a wheezing problem. Should I have to take her to the doctor? Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms look normal for a child who has swallowed some water from the pool. Get the child evaluated physically to be on the safer side. You can give nebulization with Levolin (Levosalbutamol and Levalbuterol) along with syrup Asthalin 3 ml (Salbutamol) thrice a day...  Read Full »