Salbutamol

My 5-year-old daughter is suffering from cough and fever. Can I give Dexona to her?

Query: Hello doctor, My 5 year old daughter is suffering from a cough and mild fever for the last four days. Doctor prescribed with LCF Syrup and Azithral Syrup, but she is still coughing. Today, when she was sleeping, we heard cracking and wheezing sound and difficulty in breathing. Shall I give her Dexon...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do CBC (complete blood count) and a chest x-ray before starting Dexona (Dexamethasone) as it is a steroid. Also, there may be a history of childhood asthma (hyper-reactive airway disease) and it is better to be sure before giving this medicine. This mostly looks li...  Read Full »

Can Seretide be stopped abruptly?

Query: Hi doctor, My brother has asthma from the age of 2. He used Seretide (Fluticasone propionate and Salmeterol xinafoate) from the age of 5. He stopped using it at the age of 12. From then he also uses Montelukast every day and Ventolin (when it gets severe). Now he is 14 years old. He was okay for th...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing your query to me. You said your brother is having asthma and was not taking Seretide for so many years. The first thing I want to clarify is that asthma is a chronic disease. You should take a regular controller inhaler like Seretide inhaler and Vent...  Read Full »

What are the causes of breathing problems?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having difficulty breathing for the last four months. My CT scan, pulmonary function test, and x-ray reports are normal. My immunoglobulin E value is very high. I am smoking from starting of this year. My breathing problem is deteriorating. There is no sneezing, neither any cold nor...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you mentioned, your reports were normal. This could be allergies like dust or pollen, or smoke. So when we get in contact, it triggers asthma, and breathing difficulties occur. Sir, are you still smoking? If yes, then quit it as soon as possible. Is there a famil...  Read Full »

How to diagnose bronchitis or bronchial asthma?

Query: Hi doctor, I have moderate pain in my "lung area" for two weeks now. My airways feel free of air, but I get this incredibly uncomfortable sensation in my chest. I cough a bit and the last couple of days. I have been getting lightheaded, nausea, and a slight headache. I have been out of town the prev...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here for your help. You seem to be suffering from any of the following either bronchitis or a lower respiratory tract infection. Relief with Ibuprofen further confirms the presence of muscular pain that might be due to asthma. In such a scenario, I would advis...  Read Full »

Can I use Flovent and Combivent inhaler to recover from COVID-19 and asthma?

Query: Hi doctor, I am recovering from COVID-19 and I have asthma. Please suggest a better combination for having a quick recovery. Is it good to use Flovent and Combivent inhaler or Flovent and Spiriva?  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Reddy Keesari

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have great success as you are recovering from COVID-19 (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2). Kindly go for Flovent (Fluticasone propionate) and Combivent (Ipratropium bromide) combination. It is necessary to follow a proper technique than a combination.  Read Full »

Can I take bronchodilator for chest pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My problem is that I have pain in my left lung . Firstly, I will let you know the history. I cannot play any of the sports properly due to the pain. If I work hard such as playing football, running, etc., it will lead to a great pain . And, I cannot even properly cough and it never go aw...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Important here is that only pain is not a symptom of lung allergy or asthma. If that is associated with shortness of breath while doing any physical activity, then it is a sign of asthma. I would recommend a clinical examination in such case. If ...  Read Full »

Why am I having chronic cough?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a woman, 23. I am 5'2" 137 pds. I am currently taking Cetirizine. I have been coughing badly for the past 5 months when I got my new job at a preschool. I went to the doctor, he prescribed me the before mentioned drug. Although, when it gets really cold, I cough phlegm and other ...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In addition to Cetirizine you need to take a bronchodilator medicine that will help bring out the phlegm better. Salbutamol (Albuterol) is an excellent drug that helps widen the small airway passages and bring out the mucus. It is available in the form of inhalers. T...  Read Full »

Is exertion likely to cause blurred vision and dizziness in asthmatic patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old male. I have asthma and hypotension. I am below average weight (5'10'', 117 lbs). Over the last few months, any time I exert myself beyond normal. I get really dizzy and my vision blurs and tunnels and my lungs hurt badly until I take my inhaler. About 60 seconds la...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you said you are asthmatic and taking two inhalers. But you suffer exertional dyspnea and fatigue also hypotension and all this is because of hypoxia. Your asthma is not under control. So you need to increase the dose of Fluticasone inhaler or take a combination i...  Read Full »

I am having wheezing. Can I take Asthalin syrup?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having wheezing. Can I take Asthalin syrup?  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please give a detailed history. Do you have asthma since childhood? Do you get breathing difficulty only when you get cold or have an allergy towards certain things? Asthalin (Salbutamol) syrup is recommended for all types of wheezing. You can take up to 10 ml (2 lids...  Read Full »

What is Montair LC Kid used for?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 3 years and seven months old. She is a healthy kid. After two and a half years, we observed that she repeatedly catches a cold and cough. The cold lasts for more than two weeks followed by a cough. Her under eye becomes dark. She breathes with her mouth and keeps her...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This looks like a case of hyper reactive airway disease. You will need to use the Budecort inhaler (Budesonide) continuously and observe. The Asthalin inhaler (Salbutamol) will need to be given if there is a cough or cold for a week. Continue Montair LC Kid (Monteluka...  Read Full »