Salbutamol

Is exertion likely to cause blurred vision and dizziness in asthmatic patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old male. I have asthma and hypotension. I am below average weight (5'10'', 117 lbs). Over the last few months, any time I exert myself beyond normal. I get really dizzy and my vision blurs and tunnels and my lungs hurt badly until I take my inhaler. About 60 seconds la...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you said you are asthmatic and taking two inhalers. But you suffer exertional dyspnea and fatigue also hypotension and all this is because of hypoxia. Your asthma is not under control. So you need to increase the dose of Fluticasone inhaler or take a combination i...  Read Full »

I am having wheezing. Can I take Asthalin syrup?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having wheezing. Can I take Asthalin syrup?  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please give a detailed history. Do you have asthma since childhood? Do you get breathing difficulty only when you get cold or have an allergy towards certain things? Asthalin (Salbutamol) syrup is recommended for all types of wheezing. You can take up to 10 ml (2 lids...  Read Full »

What is Montair LC Kid used for?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 3 years and seven months old. She is a healthy kid. After two and a half years, we observed that she repeatedly catches a cold and cough. The cold lasts for more than two weeks followed by a cough. Her under eye becomes dark. She breathes with her mouth and keeps her...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This looks like a case of hyper reactive airway disease. You will need to use the Budecort inhaler (Budesonide) continuously and observe. The Asthalin inhaler (Salbutamol) will need to be given if there is a cough or cold for a week. Continue Montair LC Kid (Monteluka...  Read Full »

Does my chest X-ray show pneumonia?

Query: Hello doctor, I had severe cough and mucus formation which was in yellow. The doctor had prescribed antibiotics, Salbutamol tablet and allergy tablets. Now that cough has reduced but I feel some heaviness at the back right hand side and when waking up in the morning. While I had visited the doct...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In attached X-ray report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there is presence of slight consolidation in right side. So, it is suggestive of pneumonia like infection. For that, you need to complete antibiotic course. If clinically improved well, then ...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for a 2-month-old baby suffering from dry cough.

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 2 months old and he is suffering with dry cough over the last 3 days. We consulted local doctor and he advised TA-65 capsule which can be taken by mixing one capsule in 10 cc of distilled water. He advised to use 2 mL of this mixture for 3 days. My question is how exactly does T...  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your kid is probably suffering from some throat infection or lung infection (respiratory infection). TA - 65 is a telomerase activator, it comes in capsule form. It is used to boost immune system, skin and given for sexual improvement. It has no role in cough and it...  Read Full »

Can asthma be permanently cured?

Query: Hi doctor, My son aged 4 years and 4 months is premature by birth at 34 weeks. His current weight is 15.5 kg. He always used to get a cough and sometimes fever in an interval of every two to three months, especially since last one year. However, there is no other visible physical or mental problem ...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Though your son is premature, it does not matter with the present illness. Let me first clear you that he is suffering from bronchial asthma. And anyone can have asthma without any family history. So, it is not necessary to be always run in families. To confirm the dia...  Read Full »

How to manage cough and wheeze developed due to swimming water indigestion?

Query: Hi doctor, My 1-year-old daughter has swallowed a fair bit of water while swimming. She vomited in the pool three times. Now, she has developed a cough. It seems to be getting worse now, and she has a wheezing problem. Should I have to take her to the doctor? Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms look normal for a child who has swallowed some water from the pool. Get the child evaluated physically to be on the safer side. You can give nebulization with Levolin (Levosalbutamol and Levalbuterol) along with syrup Asthalin 3 ml (Salbutamol) thrice a day...  Read Full »

My son often suffers with dry cough. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 5.6 years old. He is having dry cough for the last 8 to 10 weeks. It is very often worse at night. Also, he had a bad ulcer and pain. He also had a dry cough twice last year, but not this bad. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, that the cough is more at night and lasts for a long time this seems to be a case of hyperactive airway disease. This disease causes problems, mainly during changes in weather and lasts till the age of up to 8 years to maximum 12 years in children....  Read Full »

My serum bicarbonate level is low. Is it due to respiratory alkalosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been really sick from last two weeks. Two weeks ago, I had flu symptoms, like headaches, body aches, low fever, chest tightness, and shortness of breath. The chest symptoms were there straight away, and my asthma medicines (Symbicort and Ventolin) were not working from the start...  Read Full »

Dr. Sunil Kumar Nookala

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry for your trouble. From the symptoms that you have explained, and the reports that you have uploaded (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears that you are an asthmatic patient and it is not under control. And you are also anxious. Let me ...  Read Full »

Is it advisable to give Duolin with Taxim O Forte for dry cough in a kid?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 7 years old, and 20 kg. He is currently taking Taxim O Forte syrup for an infection. He has developed severe cough (dry) now. In the past, he was using the Duolin inhaler for an extreme cough. Please, could you advise if Duolin inhaler can be given to him when he is on Taxim...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Radheshyam Gupta

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can give Duolin (Salbutamol and Ipratropium bromide) inhalation along with oral antibiotics. But, as you have said it is a dry cough and Duolin is to be given for spasmodic and wet cough. You can give honey for a dry cough. Also, you can give Dextromethorpha...  Read Full »