Q. Can I take Asthalin syrup for wheezing?

Dr. Hariharan V
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha

I am having wheezing. Can I take Asthalin syrup?

#

Please give a detailed history.

Do you have asthma since childhood? Do you get breathing difficulty only when you get cold or have an allergy towards certain things?

Asthalin (Salbutamol) syrup is recommended for all types of wheezing. You can take up to 10 ml (2 lids) three times a day. If you get increased heartbeat after taking Asthalin, then we have to change to inhaler form. If not, syrup Asthalin is fine. But there are various other drugs to prevent wheezing episodes. Asthalin can only cure a wheezing episode but cannot prevent it from coming again and again. Take care.

|