Q. I get this incredibly uncomfortable sensation in my chest. Please help.

I have moderate pain in my "lung area" for two weeks now. My airways feel free of air, but I get this incredibly uncomfortable sensation in my chest. I cough a bit and the last couple of days. I have been getting lightheaded, nausea, and a slight headache. I have been out of town the previous five days, and since then, it has gotten worse. I have consumed little alcohol, which I think could have alleviated the symptoms. Once I get back home, I will be scheduling a pulmonary appointment. Thank you for helping

#

We are here for your help.

You seem to be suffering from any of the following either bronchitis or a lower respiratory tract infection.

Relief with Ibuprofen further confirms the presence of muscular pain that might be due to asthma.

In such a scenario, I would advise to get a hemogram with ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) and Chest- X-ray to be done. If the Chest X-ray and these blood investigations show no infection sign, you would be treated for bronchial Asthma or bronchitis.

Treatment constitutes anti-allergic drugs like Levocetirizine and Montelukast and, in severe cases, inhalers containing Salbutamol and Steroid inhaler like Budesonide.

Share my opinion with your doctor.

I hope it helps.

Infection, Allergy.

Chest X-ray.

Five days after treatment.

|