Sarcoidosis

Is surgery recommended for nasal polyps?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 59 years old. I have asthma for five years and taking Seretide for that. Over the last few months, I have been having serious allergy problems (sneezing, runny nose) and for some time I lost my sense of smell but it seems it is getting back after I started taking some steroids (S...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepthi Maringanti

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaints and your attachment files. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is suggesting allergic polyps in the nasal cavity along with some sarcoidosis pictures in the lungs. Sarcoidosis is a chronic granulomatous condition ...  Read Full »

Does knee inflammation after stopping steroids mean auto-immune disease?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter (4 years old) had an eye injury around seven months back. She is now diagonised with granulomatous panuvietis. I have consulted in person around six opthalmologists and they have told that it is due to eye injury. However, one of them wanted me to go for auto immune tests ...  Read Full »

Dr. Durgesh Srivastava

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I shall try to answer your queries one by one. Eye injury may sometimes set up the autoimmunity. It is not clear in your question how much eye problem she currently has. Inflammation anywhere in body could be set up by infection, autoimmunity, or auto-inflammatory d...  Read Full »

Is stem cell therapy effective for ILD with sarcoids?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother aged 64 is suffering from ILD for the past three years. Now the doctor suggested recently that she has developed nodules which are mostly sarcoids in nature. Recent CT scan report shows it. Is there any way to revive her lungs condition? Is stem cell therapy effective for her?...  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhu Prasad N.c

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. ILD (interstitial lung disease) has many different types. What was her type of ILD when diagnosed and what treatment was given? Development of new nodules which are suspicious of sarcoidosis is quite rare, nevertheless if her condition permits which need to be evalua...  Read Full »

I have multiple skin lumps on the elbow. What could they be?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had these multiple skin lumps on the very tip of my elbow for a couple of years now. I have attached the photos for your reference. They look like a wart but are clustered together. Every medication I have used on them has done absolutely nothing. Recently, they have begun to grow ...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These might be the lesion of sarcoidosis, lupus vulgaris or nodular xanthoma (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The only histopathological examination could confirm the diagnosis, so I would suggest you go for the one. A punch biopsy is the most preferred t...  Read Full »

Immediately after doing Valsalva maneuver, why do I have trigeminal pulse?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a male, who is 5.6 feet tall and weigh 172 lbs. I have head and chest pains for over five years. Currently, I take Metoprolol, Amlodipine, Losartan, and Prednisone. My pulse and heart rates are normally regular, but immediately after doing Valsalva maneuver, it becomes trigeminal p...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have carefully reviewed your case and understand that you are worried about your heart beats and pulse after doing Valsalva maneuver. The trigeminal pulse is defined as the one with a pause after every third heart beat. It is usually due to the underlying process called...  Read Full »

Does my symptoms point towards autoimmune disease?

Query: Hello doctor,Based on the following, do I have an autoimmune disease:An overall feeling of sickness.Irregular heartbeat sometimes.Swollen and painful joints.Swollen legs, ankles, fingers, and toes.Headaches sometimes.Shortness of breath.Psoriasis arthritis.Visual problems, burning, itching, very dry...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. Things which favor the diagnosis of autoimmune disease in your case are as follows: Pain and swelling of joints. Puffiness of hands and feet. Dryness of mouth and eyes. Psoriasis. You need to be investigated for UCTD (undifferentia...  Read Full »

Chest X-ray showed a single nodule. Is a biopsy required to rule out cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30-year-old female.The initial illness began early this year. The symptoms were cough, SOB, chest pain, and wheezing. I was treated for pneumonia but never got better. Repeated X-rays showed adenopathy as a possibility. So, a CT scan was done which showed hilar, mediastinal aden...  Read Full »

Dr. Chandra Shekhar

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your history. There are two clinching things. One is a pulmonary nodule and other is mediastinal adenopathy. For pulmonary nodule of 1.2 cm, it can be due to a number of reasons. But, if it is not enlarging in size it is most probably benign. Just get a ...  Read Full »

What can be the diagnosis if granulomas are found on pancreas and lungs?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband is 31 years old and has severe anxiety. He was told that granulomas were found on his pancreas and possibly his lungs. They believe it is due to some sort of an autoimmune disorder. Is there anything that can be done to prolong his life? Should we be worried?  Read Full »

Dr. Pratik Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. An autoimmune disorder does not necessarily mean his life will be shortened. There are numerous types of autoimmune diseases which are pathologically neutral and do not endanger life. So, please see a rheumatologist and get him investigated. Regards. For more inform...  Read Full »

Can you comment on my lung function tests?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently had issues with a somewhat forced breathing and a cold or a cough that is not clearing up from the last two to three months. The doctor sent me for a pulmonary test, the results of which I have attached. What do they mean? I have also attached my latest blood reports. Can yo...  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through both the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your lung function tests detected a decreased diffusing capacity which can be due to either a vascular disease that decreases the blood supply to a portion of the lung or parenchyma...  Read Full »

What is the smooth orange-colored patch present on my finger?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a smooth patch on my finger, which is pale pink or orange in color. It is not painful, and it is very slightly raised, but you can only feel it raised. If you see it, it appears flat. It had appeared overnight on a previously clear area of skin and has grown a tiny amount sin...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, there is a possibility that your lesion could be a wart. However, it would serve best if we can have a look at the lesion. Kindly upload appropriate images of the present condition, so that I can suggest you better. Revert with more information to a d...  Read Full »