Q. What are the treatments available to remove scars permanently?

Dr. Arvind Guru
Published on Sep 28, 2017

I met with an accident one and a half years ago. I was severely injured but got cured. The problem now is the scars are raised and there is no hair growth in that area. The scar is just below my nose. What are the treatments available to remove scars completely? I have attached a picture of the area.

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgery Surgical Gastroenterology Surgical Oncology
#

I have read your query and seen your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Hair will never grow back in the scarred area. So, the easiest thing would be to shave the mustache completely.
  • If you do not want to shave, you will need to undergo a scar revision surgery to excise the scars. It will require a careful approximation of the hair bearing areas of the upper lip. The results will not be 100 %. It can get to 95 % like how it was before the injury.
  • I recommend you consult a plastic surgeon.

For more information consult a general surgeon online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-surgeon

Developed with nodular acne on my left cheek. Is this prescription effective?

Query: Hello, I am a male, 24 years old. I have recently developed with nodular acne on my left cheek and visited a dermatologist. The doctor has prescribed the following for 15 days for pimples: Rejuglow face wash gel. Nilac ointment (twice daily). Minoz 50 tablet (once daily). He has asked me to come af...  Read Full >>

Dr. Kalpana Pathak

Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. Acne treatment depends upon the type of acne lesions. From the treatment provided it seems, you are having pustular (pus filled) or papular (red raised bumps) lesions. In case of nodular acne, lesions are large nodules. For nodular acne we usually prescribe oral isot...  Read Full

Ask a General Surgeon Now