Q. My friend is talking the same thing after getting an injection from psychiatrist. Please give an opinion.

Dr. Jeyan A
Published on Nov 04, 2019

One of my friends went to a psychiatrist and he gave him an injection saying that it will calm him. After six hours I got a call saying that my friend hit someone because the later said a word to him that made him very angry. I spoke to my friend and he was repeating only the same word. He was not normal, and he is saying the same sentence again and again. Can you please give me an explanation on this.

Dr. Jeyan A

Psychiatry
#

Welcome to iclniq.com.

Violence is a psychiatry step from a wide variety of conditions. I will not be able to give an accurate explanation with the available information. More information is needed for an accurate diagnosis. However, the possibilities I am thinking of is manic episode or Schizophrenia.

In both cases, lack of or impaired judgment and insight causes people to behave in a manner inconsistent with social norms. In this case, they head with violence towards others. The repetition of words or phrases can be a symptom of schizophrenia but more information is needed to comment on that.

Please explain the treatment approaches of schizophrenia.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a case that was assigned to me in school, and I want to seek help from doctors. My case is about a girl who has schizophrenia and was diagnosed very early. She shows all the symptoms, like hallucinations, hearing voices, hurting other people and talking to people who are not th...  Read Full »

I am diagnosed with schizophrenia. Do I need to take medicine for life long?

Query: Hello doctor, I am taking Nexito Forte and Skizoril 12.5 mg daily for the past three to four years. I am under psychiatric medication for the past 10 years. I was diagnosed with schizophrenia and ADHD. I have also been diagnosed to be suffering from hypertension and have been given Nebimac 5 mg and ...  Read Full »

Am I suffering from schizophrenia or OCD?

Query: Hello doctor, I am looking for an appointment with you firstly for reassurance I suppose and then CBT rather than waiting for the NHS. I have had OCD since I was a teen (intrusive thoughts and having to touch wood, say prayers, etc.). This seemed to subside until I had my daughter but then flared u...  Read Full »