Q. What causes cracks in scrotal skin, and how to treat it?

Dr. Snehal Laul

I noticed cracked skin on my scrotum. The area between my scrotum and leg is red with whitish-pink spots.

What is it, and how to treat it?

Kindly help.

#

It is a fungal infection with a secondary bacterial infection. I suggest you apply Luliconazole cream twice daily for 15 days and apply Nadibact cream (Nadifloxacin) in the daytime for 15 days.

Kindly avoid scratching or rubbing of the lesions, maintain proper hygiene, avoid occlusion and friction, keep the area dry and clean, apply the cream with clean hands.

Thanks for the reply.

I had scrotal eczema one year ago and used steroid creams to treat it. So, could it be scrotal eczema again?

Kindly help.

#

I have seen the pictures (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). It seems to be frictional scrotral dermatitis. Excesss dryness can cause scrotal dermatosis. Kindly apply moisturizer daily for 10 days on dry area. Take tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg at night after food for seven days.

Take care.

I had fungal infection in the past. I read about extramammary paget disease and I got scared. Does my scrotal rashes looks like that?

Thanks.

#

It is a fungal infection with secondary bacterial infection due to frictional dermatitis. Kindly apply Luliconazole cream twice daily in morning and night for three weeks and apply T-bact cream (Mupirocin) in noon and evening for ten days. Avoid steroid use.

Kindly clean the area with Cetaphil cleanser (Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben), avoid use of harsh soaps or lotions, sweating, and moisturizers. Wear loose comfortable thin cotton inners. And keep the area dry and clean.

Take care.

Thanks for the reply.

Could this be extramammary paget’s disease or does that look different?

Thanks.

#

No, it is not extramammary paget's disease.

Have you done a biopsy?

Are you diabetic?

Revert with the answers.

Thanks.

|