Q. I have pain in my right testicle and my urine parameters are raised. Please help.

Dr. Zubayeralam
This is a premium question & answer published on May 08, 2021 and last reviewed on: May 17, 2021

I have pain in my right ball. Doctor has asked me to do an ultrasound doppler of the scrotum and urine analysis. My ultrasound report is normal, but urine analysis shows a high HPF of 38 and high specific gravity of 1.037. Can I have your opinion? Thanks.

#

Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from right scrotal pain. According to your urine R/M/E (urine routine and microscopy examination), the report has shown that the specific gravity of urine is high and the presence of protein and RBC (red blood cell) in urine. An increase in specific gravity of urine means increased concentration of solutes in the urine which may result from dehydration due to diarrhea, excessive vomiting or sweating, urinary tract infections, urinary bladder infections, renal artery stenosis, decreased blood flow to kidneys due to many causes, etc.

The presence of RBC in urine is known as hematuria. Passing blood through urine or hematuria may result from infections like urinary tract infections, bladder infection or kidney infections, bladder or kidney stones, kidney disease, medications, excessive exercise, any congenital diseases, etc.

Albumin in urine is proteinuria, resulting from urinary tract infections, prostatic hyperplasia, stress, excess exercise, kidney diseases, low blood pressure, medications, etc.

You can undergo some investigations like pelvic ultrasound, urine for C/S (culture and sensitivity) test, etc., to exclude the causes and treat them accordingly. It is difficult to predict the exact cause of raised specific gravity, albumin, and RBC in urine. But from the above discussion, it seems to be urinary tract infection accountable for the changing parameters in urine analysis test. Antibiotics are the treatment of choice here. Take care. Let me know if I can assist you further. Thank you.

|