Q. What medications can I take for my severe scrotum pain?

Dr. Samer S J Altawil
and medically reviewed by Dr. Lochana
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 02, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 13, 2021

My scrotum pains severely. Kindly suggest some medicines.

#

Scrotal pain can be mild or moderate or severe. Kindly mention your condition of pain. The cause of scrotal pain needs to be identified and doing an ultrasound helps in having an accurate diagnosis. The first possibility is testicular torsion which needs an emergency operation. The other cause can be abscess pus collection. It needs antibiotic treatment. You can take Augmentin 625 mg (Amoxicillin with Clavulanic acid) thrice daily for two weeks and surgical drainage. The other cause can be varicocele. In this condition, pain is mild and it requires treatment depending on the grade diagnosed on ultrasound. For pain, you can take tablet Brufen 400 mg thrice daily. You need to do an ultrasound soon to know whether you need an emergency operation. The other cause can be epididymo-orchitis. You can take tablet Augmentin 625 mg thrice daily and Brufen 400 mg thrice daily for a week. Kindly do an ultrasound and send me the reports soon.

|