Q. What could the pain in my scrotum in the spermatic cord region be?

Dr. Karthik Rajan
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 22, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 32-year-old male with a weight of 58 kg and my height is 5 feet 3 inches. I have been married for six years. I have two children. I had yellowish like liquid discharge from my penis a year ago with burning while urinating. I consulted a urologist and he prescribed me Norflox 400 mg for one week and after which it went away. This month, I had pain in my scrotum in the right spermatic cord region above the testicle. My urologist told me to have sonography. My sonography report concluded "diffuse thickening at the right spermatic cord region." Otherwise, the report is normal.

The doctor prescribed me Cefixime 100 mg and an anti-inflammatory tablet for 10 days. My pain decreased about 60%. A week ago, I had masturbation and I had pain at the same place in the scrotum. I had taken a urine culture test and I have attached the report. My question is do I have sexually transmitted diseases or urinary tract infection? Can I please know what to do? What medicines should I take for a permanent cure?

#

I have gone through your symptoms.

You seem to be suffering from an infection in your spermatic cord that is the cause of your scrotal pain.

This is treated with antibiotics but the duration of treatment is usually for two weeks or more.

The pain you have on masturbation is due to the inflammation of the spermatic cord through which the sperms come out into the urethra.

I would suggest you keep your scrotum elevated with a tight underwear for pain relief.

It would also be necessary to make sure that the infection has been cleared by testing both urine and semen for infection as your symptoms are not resolved.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|