Q. Please suggest some anti-allergic eye drops for seasonal allergy.

Dr. Anand
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 21, 2020

I suffer from seasonal allergy every year. It starts from the month of August till December for the past 15 years. When the season changes, I get running nose, excessive sneezing and itchy watery eyes. I also have an intolerable itching in the eyelids and in the corners of the eye. I am using Flomist nasal spray and Cetirizine tablets for the nose. I am not able to concentrate on my work due to my eye allergy. I also used I-Kul eye drops and other eye drops, but no improvement. Please suggest some anti-allergic eye drops.

#

• The allergic eye can be treated with eye drops such as Olopatadine once a day or twice if severe. This can be used for a long term relief.
  • For an acute exacerbation, use Loteprednol eye drops two hours or as frequently as required when you have an itch.
  • If it is a very serious complication, you can use Predmet eye drops (Prednisolone acetate), as and when required.
  • I advice you cold compression and avoid rubbing your eyes.
  • As it does not have a permanent cure, use drops whenever you have symptoms. Continue with the same medications for nose and throat allergy as it will also benefit the eyes.

Revert back with the photos to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|