Q. I have itchy eyes and blurring of vision. What could it be?

Dr. Dada Peer K
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 08, 2014 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I think I have a problem with my cornea. I had itchy eyes (due to hay fever) last week. During that time, I had a gritty feeling in my right eye which made me rub my eyes. It got really sore and small thread-like materials are coming out of my eye. I am scared if it is part of my cornea shedding off. My vision is blurring out since three days. What do you think it is and what should I do?

#

Evaluation of your history indicates that you are having allergic conjunctivitis with probable involvement of cornea resulting in keratoconjunctivitis. The thread-like material coming out of the eyes indicate ropy discharge which is typically seen in allergic conjunctivitis. No need to worry, as it is not part of the cornea.

The treatment of this condition is the use of anti-allergic eye drops like Olopatadine or Sodium cromoglycate.

Since the cornea is involved, you need to use artificial tears eye drops and antibiotic eye drops to prevent secondary bacterial infection.

Attach a picture of the affected eye if possible.

Consult an eye care ophthalmologist online to confirm the diagnosis --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|