Q. I am having itching and white discharge from eye. Please help.

Dr. Skandha Harshita
Published on Oct 23, 2018

I have an eye problem, eye itching, irritating eye, white thread discharge, and facing these problems for the past one year.

Dr. Skandha Harshita

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

As per your symptoms, I could understand that you are suffering from allergic conjunctivitis. It is a common problem in people with allergies of nose and lungs. I would prescribe Olopatadine eye drops, one drop four times a day. Artificial eye drops one drop four times a day for two weeks to my patients. If the symptoms do not resolve, I would prescribe Loteprednol eye drops under close monitoring of intraocular pressure. I advise frequent follow-ups if Loteprednol is prescribed because it has some side effects. Also, consultation with ENT specialist is recommended to rule out allergies of nose and sinuses.

How to stop the discharge released from my left eye?

Query: Hi doctor, I have an eye discharge from my left eye for a week. I thought I have the discharge because of my contact lens (first-time user). I used it for a few days. But I stopped using it now because of the eye discharge. I have eye discharge only from my left eye when I wake up in the morning. S...  Read Full »

My eyes becomes red and itchy whenever I visit my hometown. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, My eyes become red and itchy whenever I visit my hometown. They remain fine when I am in the city where I work. But as soon as I visit my hometown, they become red in a day or two. I have the problem for about two to three years. There are no pollens present here, and the climate is the...  Read Full »

I am having explosive diarrhea since three months. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am having diarrhea since three to four months. What actually is happening is I am getting large amount of water which is clear with small broken pieces of feces. Also, I can see tissue like (lace-like) mucus like things in my feces. I have abdominal discomfort when I do not defecate. ...  Read Full »