Seborrhea Capitis

What is the white powder like stuff in my hair?

Query: Hi doctor, On my head some four to five spots of white powder like substance is forming. Initially I had it only on two spots but now it became five spots. If it is dandruff entire head part will occur but mine is different. I have lost some hairs on surrounding affected spots. Please tell me wha...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send the good quality photographs of the lesion and also please tell me if there is any burning or itching? Let me know if any other areas are affected like elbow and knee? Looking forward for your response in order to help you. Revert back with the ph...  Read Full »

Why do I have waxy buildup on the roots of hair?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old female. For the past two years, I have had this waxy buildup only on the roots of my hair. It feels sticky, oily and stiff. None of the shampoo I have tried has fixed it. The problem goes away a couple of days after I dye my roots. I am wondering if there may be a p...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and concern. It seems you are having seborrheic capitis. Seborrheic capitis is a papulosquamous disorder involves sebum-rich areas of the body, which is scalp. Intermittent active phases manifesting with burning, scaling and itching and alternating ...  Read Full »

Why do I have white particles in hair?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old male. I have itchy scalp and hair fall with tiny white ball all over the head and also in shoulder. The balls are attached to the skin and coming out in nails with pressure. I have attached the photos along with this query. I am using anti-dandruff shampoo, which cur...  Read Full »

Dr. Avina Jain

Dermatologist, Venereologist, Cosmetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your history and from the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you are suffering from acute dandruff with folliculitis.For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

Having some discoloration on the back of the scalp. Could it be folliculitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I shave my head with a razor blade once in a few days as if shaving my face. I have been doing this for seven years now. Four years ago, my doctor noticed that I had a discoloration on the back of my scalp. He said it was nothing to worry about and had probably always been there like a b...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and concern. I have examined your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems that you are having non-involuting congenital hemangioma (NICH). NICH present at birth and usually flatter, presented as well defined round to ...  Read Full »

Please help me with my itchy scalp.

Query: Hi doctor, I have itchy scalp and have started losing hair. Can I get help on this?  Read Full »

Dr. Joydeep Singha

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have probably seborrheic capitis (an eczema). I suggest Ketoconazole shampoo on alternate day. Keep in contact with scalp for 7 to 10 minutes in each application and continue it for three to six months. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and ...  Read Full »

How can I get treated for red and itchy skin around anus and vulva?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a really embarrassing problem. The skin around my vulva and anus is red and it keeps cracking or bleeding. The skin around my anus is also flaky and yellow in some places. It is itchy and is causing me serious embarrassment. It has started affecting me psychologically as it has bee...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and viewed the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and do understand your concern. There is no significant erythema or discoloration appreciable in the attached picture, so that is a good indicator.   Read Full »