Q. What can cause waxy buildup on the roots of hair?

Answered by Dr. Suvash Sahu and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Seborrhea Capitis or Fluconazole? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: What can cause waxy buildup on the roots of hair?

I am an 18 year old female. For the past two years, I have had this waxy buildup only on the roots of my hair. It feels sticky, oily and stiff. None of the shampoo I have tried has fixed it. The problem goes away a couple of days after I dye my roots. I am wondering if there may be a problem with my scalp. Please help.