Q. Baby has white patch on cheeks though pimples are gone. Is it seborrheic dermatitis?

Dr. Kakkar

My 1 and a half month old baby is having mild cradle cap and cluster of red pimples on his face. The area is quite dry even though the pimples are gone.

This has left a white patch or discoloration on his cheeks. Is this atopic dermatitis or seborrheic dermatitis?

How long will it last and when will the white patch disappear? This is my first baby and I am really heartbroken seeing his face like this.

#

I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

The baby has post-inflammatory hypopigmentation due to seborrheic dermatitis. It is nothing serious and will go with time.

I suggest you apply Desowen lotion (Desonide) twice daily on the affected area for two weeks.

For his cradle cap, I suggest you use Cetrilak (Cetrimide) 5 % shampoo. You may also use Desowen lotion on the scalp as well. Regards.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|