Q. MRI brain shows some white spots. What does it mean?

Dr. Rajyaguru
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My patient is suffering from constant conversion. Her head is poking, salvia is coming out of the mouth and eyes are open for few seconds without any moment. Every now and then she used to get conversion type, but from yesterday the saliva is drooling continuously and the conversion too. The symptoms of rolling eyes, deviation of mouth and hand were started before three months. All the reports such as EEG, CT and MRI are normal as per neurologist except some white spots on brain. What does it mean?

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgery Neurology Spine Surgery
#

I have read your description very carefully.

• The rolling of eyeball with deviation of mouth and hand is actually suggestive of seizure. It is not conversion disorder.
  • These seizures are coming because of the white spots in brain scan. It is a common term used by neurologists to explain demyelination (loss of insulation around the neurons that is in the cells of brain).
  • May I request the official MRI report? Has she undergone VEP test (visual evoked potential)?
  • Does she have any other disability like limb weakness, swallowing or speaking difficulty, etc?
  • Can you send me the names of the medicines that she is taking as of now?

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to a neurologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

|