Q. Can seizures be related to chronic sinusitis?

Answered by Dr. Lalit Bansal and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Seizure or Lack Of Sleep? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Can seizures be related to chronic sinusitis?

I am writing to get a second opinion for my relative. He is a 19 year old male. He had a seizure last year and the second seizure was on last week. His EEG was normal and also had an MRI. The doctors said that he has chronic sinusitis with thickened mucosa and they started giving him antibiotics. I want to know whether the seizure is related to the sinusitis. If yes, does that mean he might have a brain complication? I want a medical advice whether there is a need to start with Tegretol. My blood test showed high levels of WBCs. Currently, the doctor has given Keppra. Should he start it? Please guide.