Q. How can I overcome my depression and self-harming thoughts?

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 17, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 18, 2019

I am taking Welbutrin for the first time and I have questions about the physical and mental side effects. Also, I have depression coupled with suicide and self-harming thoughts. In the past, I have been on Lexapro.

I want to inquire if I am improperly diagnosed?

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor
#

You are suffering from depressive features and hence the low self-esteem and self-harming thoughts.

I suggest you take Zosert (Sertraline) 50 mg twice daily along with tablet Lonazep (Clonazepam) 0.5 mg at night for a period of two weeks. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.

You need to focus on a new hobby.

Give time for physical fitness.You can review with me for further followup.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|