Q. Can depression cause crying without reason, feeling useless and demotivated?

Do I have depression? I need to know because I think it will be a whole lot easier if I know and admit it myself. Last night I was crying without reason, it has been like this for five years now. I can go on not going out of my room for a week without eating and every time I worry too much, I cannot concentrate. I want to be good at studying but there are days when it is too much and I cannot seem to focus. One day I feel fine and positive and really motivated but then after a few hours I hit that feeling of uselessness again and I cannot do anything.