Q. My ejaculate is strawberry colored after taking red drinks. Is it of concern?

Dr. Karthik Rajan

I drank a lot of strawberry mojitos and they were really dark red drinks. Now, my ejaculate is in strawberry color. It was nice and white in color before the day and there are no other symptoms.

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Andrology Urology
#

It is unlikely for the food or drinks to change the color of your semen directly. The pigments in your urine/urethra can change the color of your semen. The other possibility is blood in the semen, which again without symptoms, is not a cause for concern.

I would advise you to wait for a few days. If it is due to drinks, it will disappear. If it persists, I would suggest you visit your local urologist for a clinical examination. Even if it turns out to be blood, it usually subsides within a week or two and it is not a cause for worry. Revert back if there are any other queries.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|