Semen Color

Why is my semen yellow?

Query: Hello doctor, My semen appears yellow on toilet paper, but white on the skin. I even tested the color on a plastic object such as a white plastic fork. It still appears yellow. I have this problem for more than five years, but I have no other symptoms. Please see the pictures and let me know if this...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and your semen looks absolutely normal. Get the following tests done to rule out infection: Semen analysis. Semen culture and sensitivity. You do not require any medications at...  Read Full »

Is it normal for the color of semen to differ?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I have been dealing with erectile dysfunction for nearly three years now. My sex drives do come and go, but it is based on the quality of my semen comes out. Sometimes, I have a good sex drive along with a good hard and my semen will come out rich white and a norm...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your descriptions are absolutely right. The semen looks different at times depending upon how frequently you masturbate. If you masturbate weekly twice, then it will be white and once in 10 days it may be yellowish. In addition, I have a feeling that you are having epidid...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for penile itch and discomfort on urination.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 19 years old. I weigh about 70 kg and my height is 5’7". My semen has been yellow color for the past one week and now it seems like it has urine in it (but it has no foul odor). And my penis is quite itching, also sometimes I experience discomfort when urination. I wonder what i...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your statement, you are 19 years old sexually active person suffering from discharging of yellowish colored semen, itching of penis and feeling of discomfort during urination and all your symptoms indicates STD (sexually transmitted disease). Your STD i...  Read Full »

What causes watery semen?

Query: Hello doctor, I have done a semen analysis today. Though I had not ejaculated for the past five days, still the semen was very watery. It was probably because I was not comfortable with the clinic and it was a forced ejaculation. Please check the reports and suggest the interpretation of the same. I...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? The semen sample will not be affected by the condition in which you have collected it or the stressed mental state. As per this report, the semen is not getting liquefied as it is deficient in some enzymes. So, the motility of the sperms is low as...  Read Full »

My ejaculate is strawberry colored after taking red drinks. Is it of concern?

Query: Hi doctor, I drank a lot of strawberry mojitos and they were really dark red drinks. Now, my ejaculate is in strawberry color. It was nice and white in color before the day and there are no other symptoms.  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is unlikely for the food or drinks to change the color of your semen directly. The pigments in your urine/urethra can change the color of your semen. The other possibility is blood in the semen, which again without symptoms, is not a cause for concern. I would advis...  Read Full »

My sperm has become yellowish gray. What antibiotic can I use?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 32-year old man with a weight of 60 kg. I noticed for about a month now that my sperm has become yellowish gray. So, I recently went for semen analysis and the result was that I have Staphylococcus epidermidis in my semen. Please, what antibiotic can I use?  Read Full »

Dr. Koushik Mukherjee

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Bacteria in semen may cause decreased quality of sperm in it or bacterial toxin may affect the viability of sperm. But to be sure, the bacterial presence in semen must be confirmed as not from contamination from skin. Staphylococcus epidermidis is a very common bact...  Read Full »