Sensitive Teeth

Please suggest a remedy for teeth sensitivity.

Query: Hello doctor, My mother has pain in the upper teeth, and sensitive feel in all teeth. What should she do?  Read Full »

Dr. Mumtaz

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Does she have sensitivity in all teeth?  Read Full »

Why does the tooth next to the extraction site feel weird?

Query: Hi doctor, Last month, I got my upper left wisdom tooth removed. I feel the tooth next to extracted tooth is sensitive to pressure while biting and cold. Is it normal? The extraction was straight forward, but the root was crooked. So, there was some little difficulty in extraction.  Read Full »

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern regarding the dental health. Sensitivity to cold and bite is a very common dental problem because of exposure of dentin caused by gum disease or tooth wear. We can confirm the diagnosis of sensitivity only by doing tests. So, consult your nea...  Read Full »

Why do I have severe pain after filling cavity?

Query: Hello doctor,I had a deep cavity filled about five weeks ago. I had extreme sensitivity to cold since it was filled. I had no other pain associated with the tooth. Biting down was completely fine. Two nights ago, I started to get extreme pain on the right side of my face and jaw (the same side the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Asma Parveen

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After going through your complaint, it looks like a condition called as acute irreversible pulpitis, where caries reaches the pulp or nerve endings of the tooth. This is very common in cases of deep cavities. So, there is no need to worry. It can be treated through a r...  Read Full »

My teeth are quite sensitive and the pain is so bad while brushing. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,It has been over two years since I brushed my teeth however, I have no physical signs of decay. I have recently (last three months) tried every sensitivity toothpaste known over the counter because my teeth are susceptible. Whenever I brush my teeth, the pain is so bad. I nearly faint I...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Nassar

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you suffer from susceptible teeth. You say that there are no signs of decay, I ask you, is it severe sensitivity can be a sign? However, to be accurate in commenting, I will share my thoughts and the things we need to do to diagnose this. If you hav...  Read Full »

Please suggest safe painkillers for toothache.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having pain inside my mouth. At the top of my mouth, it is like a bubble and so painful. The nerves are making me having a toothache on the right side of my mouth. I have had this for three days now and took a few painkillers. Now, my stomach hurts like bloating and twitching....  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have got gastritis due to painkillers. Avoid spicy, fatty and oily food. Have some walk after having food instead of taking rest and take multiple small meals instead of heavy meals. Avoid smoking and alcohol if any. You can get prescribed tablet Pan DSR 40 mg (Domp...  Read Full »

I fell and cracked my fron tooth. The crack is not evident, but the tooth is sensitive. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,Three days ago, I fell on my face and cracked my right front tooth right in the middle, horizontally. You cannot see the crack with your bare eyes, but if you shine a light from the back of my tooth, you will see it correctly. It goes from the right to the left, and it stops two millime...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Laxminarayan Iyer

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is one of the most common complaints in routine dental practice. The fracture (hairline crack) might be only in the superficial structure (more likely in enamel than in dentin) of the tooth and not in the pulp (since it does not hurt). It requires minimal attentio...  Read Full »

Why is my tooth sensitive to heat after cleaning?

Query: Hello doctor, I got my teeth cleaned two weeks ago by a dentist and now a tooth is sensitive to heat.  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sensitivity is a common encounter after scaling and cleaning. I reckon you should try toothpastes which help reduce sensitivity. But even after using them if you feel sensitive to hot or cold then visit your dentist again to check for any hidden cavities. X-rays might b...  Read Full »

When food gets stuck in between teeth, what happens?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a doubt regarding some general facts. Please explain the following elaborately. Is it fine to pluck out a gray hair? What happens when something gets stuck in between teeth for several days? What is the effect of teeth chatter? What is the growling of the stomach? When does the ea...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. When we pluck out a hair, we feel a slight sharp pain at that point of time. The hair usually breaks along with its follicle, thus that space remains hairless in the future. But if the hair breaks in between with its follicle intact, then the hair will regrow.When food ge...  Read Full »

I have sensitivity in gums. What can I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from pain in my mouth. It is like sensitivity pain. I cannot say it is pain exactly, it is irritating a lot. No pain in teeth. It is feeling like itching in my gums (middle of the teeth). Please tell me what can I do.  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurav Pandey

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the characteristics you have mentioned, it seems that you have a mild gum infection. Do not worry it is common and not a big problem. You can follow some instructions given. Brush twice a day. Using floss at least once a day. Gum massage with gum ointmen...  Read Full »

What treatment will help sensitive tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having sensitivity in the upper right tooth. There is no ditch or cavity but I feel the sensitivity while eating sweets. What could be the treatment option for it?  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sometimes any cavity or decay is not seen clinically but there can be some infection or carious activity going on inside the tooth that can be detected in X-ray or on examination. Considering the symptoms following could be the treatment options. Filling of the tooth if...  Read Full »