Q. Please suggest a way to get instant relief from sensitive teeth.

Dr. Purva Jingar

I have tooth sensitivity problem. I am suffering from this problem since last two months. I am unable to drink water also. I tried many sensitivity toothpastes, but it does not work properly. Please suggest me a proper drug or suggestion for instant relief.

#

Tooth sensitivity happens due to many reasons, and it may be because of cavities in teeth.

• For instant relief, you need to put desensitized toothpaste, but as you are saying it is not working, then it is better for you to visit a dentist and get an x-ray done. They will find whether there is a cavity or not.
  • If not they will suggest you for cleaning which will cure your teeth. If there is a cavity either they will perform simple restoration procedure or if the cavity is big, then they will perform root canal treatment as it will save the affected tooth structure.
  • Also, if you have any habit of grinding teeth then stop this habit from now because this also causes sensitivity in teeth.

For now, I suggest you try burned clove for relief. Swallow it for without crushing, or you can put extra virgin coconut oil in your mouth for 1-2 minutes then spit them with warm water. Hope this will temporarily cure the problem. I suggest you visit a dentist soon.

Bad oral hygiene.

Advised IOPA with respect to the affected portions.

1. Chronic generalized gingivitis.
2. Fractured tooth.
3. Bruxism.

Dental caries.

Restoration.

Proper cleaning of mouth and follow up.

Revert after six months to a dentist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|